• 30 Replies

Stewpot99

• Busker
  • file:///C:/Users/Stupot/AppData/Roaming/Apple%20Co
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 02:35:25 PM »
Hi

Really Nice track

What I liked
Looooove your distorted power chords, please let me know how that's recorded and any fx chain  :)
Liked the simplicity of the repeating melody, but it felt limited in range
Great tight drums and overdubbing
Nice epic string atmosphere
Simple melody with solid repetition

What I would have liked more of
I realllllly wanted a big chorus..... but I understandyour artistic vision isn't mine and that's probably a good thing  :)
Open up that vocal range, be daring

Hope it helps

Stu

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 06:56:09 PM »
Sincere thanks to everyone for listening and commenting,

Stu wanted to know about the power chords, they were recorded through my cherished 1969 Orange Matamp OR-100 head, driven hard ..(bought in the USA 4 years ago)in my home made soundbooth where a SHURE KSM32 mic resides..mic was about 20 CM from the cab...also Orange..the rest is ping pong delay... :) :)

Wolfi..I reckon a nuclear explosion is over the top and there aint nuthin we can can do about it mate.. :) :)

best to all, Kevin :) :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:03:34 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 08:56:51 AM »

WOW...strong, powerful stuff Kev ;D

The lyrics alone are brilliant.  I'm not really
 a lyric guy.....but these really got to me.
 I was touched ;D

An amazing piece of work
 Speechless ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 02:41:29 PM »
Great stuff as always, well sung, played and mixed. My only suggestion would be to reconsider one of the electrics that to my ears sound terrible (sorry). I'm talking about the the one that hits the 1's on the bridge (most noticable there) but also in other places. Sure, guitar tone is a very personal thing so it could very well be just me but...
But, apart from that, top scores from me.

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 05:06:11 PM »
This is like.

You got me at the first two chords. Very catchy indeed.  :D

I like everything, I heard this the other day n today when I was going to check it out on the boards I instantly smiled when I recognised it. Superb song, performance and production. No nits from my part, just a BIG well done sir Shadow.

/S

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 01:48:03 PM »
A relentless freight train rhythm section carries the song along,building nicely in the final minute.

Superbly apocalyptic,Kev.  8)

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 05:55:38 AM »
I was so blown away by the quality and clarity of the lyric that I deliberately chose to not go listen until tomorrow.  I'm letting the lyric sink in before I want to go on to the next step and listen. 

WONDERFUL lyric. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 11:34:07 AM »
Further thanks for listening and comenting guys..
Jambrains..sorry about the electric guitar....sounds ok to me and nobody else mentioned it..
hardtwistmusic, thank you for your kind words regarding the lyric,
you'll no doubt be disappointed when you here it in song ;D ;D

best, Kevin :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 12:11:40 PM »
Hi Kevin,

Great lyrics, I say this after having listened to the track and not really heard them and then reading them. This is a fault of mine, not yours. I tend not to notice lyrics too much and just focus on melody, harmony, rhythm etc. Perhaps why I have so much trouble writing my own lyrics.

I've only listened to this once and I liked what I heard. Some great harmonic and melodic ideas in there and I loved when the guitars kicked in to beef things up towards the end.

I did feel when I was listening that it needed something else, maybe an extra gear, that it was leading me somewhere, building to something that just didn't quite arrive in a way that satisfied me completely. Now although this is how i felt on first listen, I think I maybe wrong about this. Having now read the lyrics properly this maybe the added dynamic that I was missing first time. I also think it is one of those songs that for me is likely to take a while to settle on me and for me to fully appreciate.

I've felt this way about a lot of songs in the past that I've then gone on to really love, I think sometimes I just have strong ideas about where I would go or what I would do and when the song doesn't follow in that vein I have to readjust my perception and listen again.

Great production as usual.

Yodasdad

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 02:44:42 PM »
Hi yodasdad..thanks for your kind comments, I listen to songs in the same way as you, lyrics are the last thing I'm interested in, as you say, it's about melody, rhythm, instrumentation etc...first and foremost..

best, kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 06:00:30 PM »
Wow, great stuff. Very powerful. Fine singing and great lyrics. Right up there to your usual standard, Kevin, which is always top drawer.
West Country Country Boy

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 09:32:44 PM »
Bleedin heck Kevin, this is something and something else...what a great piece of music from start to finish. If I remember rightly you tend to be a little less organic than this but those guitars mixed into the whole arrangement...it should have been entered into the spooky or what competition.

This line in particular is the best Ive seen written in a while:

complacency, for all to see, will sacrifice your legacy

Just loved the lyrics...a powerful message that should scare the bayjesus (or however you spell it) out of anyone who hears it. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

johnlondon

• Open Mic
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 10:05:11 PM »
Apocalypse wow! great song Kevin,

It`s all been said so, simply congratulations and respect.
I came in from the wilderness a creature void of forum

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 02:37:15 PM »
Del, Martin, John, Gotta thank you guys for your support and listening to my efforts. it's appreciated more than you know..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »
Hi Kevin,

You really should change your name to Mr Epic!
This is a monster of a write. Loads going on to keep the listener interested as you take us on a musical journey. I reckon you could do a 10 minute Queen-esque tune like Innuendo.

Playing, vocals and production are all spot on. Really good bridge section.

Quality.

Digger