Grooves and Moves

• 24 Replies

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 07:22:09 PM »
Dear  All,

Very kind words from you all

Tinam, Vicki, John (Pompey and London), Rightly, Scott, Slub, Wolfini, Paul Ads, Boolio, Iron Knee, Shadowfax , Binladeda.

Phil wante bass, and I made him change it.......will endeavour to be a female Diva next time.... I like Emeli SandeπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Sandeep

Stewpot99

• Busker
  • file:///C:/Users/Stupot/AppData/Roaming/Apple%20Co
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 11:04:59 AM »
Hi there

Listening low on an iPad so limited to what I can say about the mix but...

Things I liked
Loved the nostalgic nod to the 70s dance records
Great sounding synth refrain
Good use of repetition in the vocal melody
Great groove and a pretty nice record overall I enjoyed it

And to make it better?
Over use of end rhymes, after a while could should gets old quick
More dynamics in the song, I'd have loved a chorus melody to go up an octave to give the choruses a lift... bee gees territory  :).
Would more vocal support help create more variation between sections where the main melody range is quite narrow...  female backing maybe?..

How about some vocal refrains to mix it up with the synth lines or double it with vocal singing the same notes an octave up.

Hope it helps

Stu

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »
Hi Sandeep!

Been a while since you posted a song, I was beginning to think you were just here for the music  ;D

This is fabulously funky stuff, with a great beat to it...I don't get the 80s at all, I can imagine this in some sci-fi movie as music of the future where blue people are grooving under strobe lighting and aliens are drinking at the bar. It is really catchy but I think the chorus could have a bit more oompf with more harmonies. It's still catchy stuff though and refreshing to hear you back.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 09:55:35 PM »
Hi there

Listening low on an iPad so limited to what I can say about the mix but...

Things I liked
Loved the nostalgic nod to the 70s dance records
Great sounding synth refrain
Good use of repetition in the vocal melody
Great groove and a pretty nice record overall I enjoyed it

And to make it better?
Over use of end rhymes, aft

er a while could should gets old quick
More dynamics in the song, I'd have loved a chorus melody to go up an octave to give the choruses a lift... bee gees territory  :).
Would more vocal support help create more variation between sections where the main melody range is quite narrow...  female backing maybe?..

How about some vocal refrains to mix it up with the synth lines or double it with vocal singing the same notes an octave up.

Hope it helps

Stu

Thanks Stewpot....something to build on..... I know what you mean about the vocals.

Hi Sandeep!

Been a while since you posted a song, I was beginning to think you were just here for the music  ;D

This is fabulously funky stuff, with a great beat to it...I don't get the 80s at all, I can imagine this in some sci-fi movie as music of the future where blue people are grooving under strobe lighting and aliens are drinking at the bar. It is really catchy but I think the chorus could have a bit more oompf with more harmonies. It's still catchy stuff though and refreshing to hear you back.

Thanks Martyn for the kind words

Sandeep

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 04:28:00 PM »
Nice work Movin, you've captured the genre really well with some nice clean production.

If I were to offer any improvements it would simply be that just occasionally one of the keyboards sounds like it could do with quantising. The lead keyboard that comes in at 2:22 for example is just slightly out of time, only a fraction and normally this probably wouldn't be noticeable but against a rock solid beat like that, in this style, it is, to me any way.

Just a small point, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the song though.

Well done.

Yodasdad

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 07:55:31 PM »
Yep. Instant delight this one. I was singing along with the 'You should be, You could be ...' the second time I heard it. Great vocal IMO. You have a good voice and you sound very comfortable and relaxed. The song is relaxed and easy on the ear. Even at ear-bleedin' volume nothing hurts or sounds out of place so really good job with the production.After the keyboard dive at 2:50 I'd love to hear a full break-down to just bass maybe before bringing everything back but it's so easy to chip in ideas like that when someone's already done the hard work!
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 03:56:18 PM »
Hi Sandeep

Not my thing but has a great beat and does a good job of winning me over.
Fits the genre perfectly (from what I know of the genre :))
I it a bit long with no major change-up in the middle?

Still nodding my noggin to that beat :)
Paul

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2016, 01:41:47 PM »
Like the production very much.
The synth work is very effective and the the vocals are arranged really nicely.

Found a few elements a bit strange. The last note of the chorus melody doesn't seem to fit with the chords behind it. Sounds a little afterthoughy because of it.
And the chord changes around "I'm getting ready to move" were a little muted and didn't created the expect drama when returning to the original material.

My other thought was you could sing "you will be with me" rather than "you would be with me". Would be more forceful which works for me.

Great sounding track,  great effort!

Tom.

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 06:11:26 PM »
Most enjoyable. I've been hearing a lot of stuff like this on my commute and this as good as all of it. Just a couple of decades late :-)

Groovy and movey !!
West Country Country Boy

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 05:37:33 PM »
Nice work Movin, you've captured the genre really well with some nice clean production.

If I were to offer any improvements it would simply be that just occasionally one of the keyboards sounds like it could do with quantising. The lead keyboard that comes in at 2:22 for example is just slightly out of time, only a fraction and normally this probably wouldn't be noticeable but against a rock solid beat like that, in this style, it is, to me any way.

Just a small point, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the song though.

Well done.

Yodasdad

Thx Yodasdad

Most enjoyable. I've been hearing a lot of stuff like this on my commute and this as good as all of it. Just a couple of decades late :-)

Groovy and movey !!

Thanks Del

Yep. Instant delight this one. I was singing along with the 'You should be, You could be ...' the second time I heard it. Great vocal IMO. You have a good voice and you sound very comfortable and relaxed. The song is relaxed and easy on the ear. Even at ear-bleedin' volume nothing hurts or sounds out of place so really good job with the production.After the keyboard dive at 2:50 I'd love to hear a full break-down to just bass maybe before bringing everything back but it's so easy to chip in ideas like that when someone's already done the hard work!

Thanks ShinyThang and Thx to Tom and Paul for all your kind comments too.

Sandeep