konalavadome

"Netdrome" - short punk song (some little swearing)

• 3 Replies

Gilpow

• Busker
« on: October 01, 2016, 06:45:07 PM »
Hi there. I joined this site some time ago and I've never shared any of my many work-in-progress songs but I often felt the need to do it since I'd really like to get some feedback. So I guess it's time to start.

Background/Foreword:

This song had to be more of a *theme* than a song, since I wrote it for the Youtube channel (named "Netdrome") of a friend of mine. So that's why it's so short. He wrote the lyrics to it. Then I wrote the music and recorded the guitar and vocals tracks.
THEN, another friend of mine (without telling me anything) added bass and drums tracks to it, and made the video that you see. Although my recording (guitar+vocals) is less clear here (the quality is pretty low), I decided to post this version (with bass and drums) because I think he did a very good job.

Lyrics:

Lurking in the web like a spider would
Finding fresh news from all the world
Then corrupt 'em with your own opinion
Give it to your big amount of minions

Not a TV prerogative is to f*ck around
The web too is a culture mound
Internet is your new home
Now surrender to the Netdrome

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:29:52 PM by Gilpow »

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 03:12:53 PM »
I love it as is. The singer reminds me a little bit of Justine Frishman from Elastica, and I love Elastica.
The one thing that I might suggest, and it's just on a whim and completely unnecessary, is I would love to hear a sample of Chuck D. in there somewhere, saying "Welcome to the Terrordome."
But that is just goofy funtime stuff.
As far as I'm concerned, you could release the song just like this and it would be great.
If you wanted to extend it for any reason, you could add a guitar solo or write a bridge. But then, this IS punk rock.
Dig it.

polite_THINGS

• Busker
    • Polite Things Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »
I agree with that guy, this is awesome
the biggest cartoon is reality

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 09:53:55 PM »
It's a perfect punk song and extra bonus points for clocking in at 1 minute. Great work.