well.. howdi!

• 3 Replies

J-Mac

• Busker
« on: January 06, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »
Evening Guys.

Well.... I'm Lee.
I've registered on behalf of my father. He's a Singer / Songwriter.

Not the best quality voice... but it gets him by! He's written around 80+ songs in the last 200 years  :o

Without getting too personal (just yet) he split from his girlfriend.... who then burnt his Precious Guitars, Along with his song book!!  >:( >:(

He's took it on the chin, and slowly started written them again from memory.

So... This is where I come in!

I created him a blog style website. Added his songs & words. This way.... NO ONE can delete them. They will always be there! He was completely made up with this.

I recommended he joined a forum like this one... to get ideas, tips, feedback (good & bad!).  He's a technophobe! I'm sure once a few posts have been made, he'll take over the account!

His songs are recorded on his old PC using an old PC camera microphone! (Owch!). So excuse the quality!
I have set him up with Adobe Audition though - slowly record all his songs again to a much higher quality!

If you do want to see some lyrics / songs: www.rockmylife.info
Site is having stuff added to it everyday, so it will change in content :)

Thats all for now,

Lee

J-Mac

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:42:36 PM »
Oh - Just to add. He's not wanting to make it BIG / famous.
Quite happily sat writing and trying to sing. lol.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
Hi Lee/ Lee's Dad :)

Thanks for taking the time to find and join our forum.  I'll pop over to your blog and take a listen later on.

Have a browse of some of the topics, and feel free to post up something for review if you like.

I'm in the middle of writing at the moment, so I may be posting up some reviews too in the near future (If I can finish the bloody things!)

:)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Nathan1709

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 09:15:05 AM »
Hi Lee,

Wow, it sounds like your dad has been through the wringer lately.  Sorry to hear that. As a songwriter it is these times of high emotions that often spur us to write some of our best stuff.  I will definitely check out the blog soon.