konalavadome

“Walk On Fire”

• 34 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2016, 07:19:52 AM »
Christ that's retro. Good stuff. Great voice.
Only one thing, the lyric could be crafted on a little more, only in my opinion.

Hi Caleb....thanks for stopping by for a listen, and by commenting  ;D
I would like to ask you, however, as to what you mean by this being retro? Could you please explain what this is being compared to  :)
And what do you mean by your wish that this lyric be "crafted on a little more"? On a little more what  ???
I'm sure you have some answers, and I'm looking forward to hearing more  ;D
Thanks, again....
Tom don't take offense. My retro comment was a compliment, thought the instrumentation was early 70's singer songwritier-esque and in a world where Adele, Rhianna and Mumford and Sons are all huge I don't see there being a limit or a certain mold we need to choose to present our music as long as it's done from the heart, people will buy into it.
Lyric wise my opinion is simple, I thought the use of the word desire in too different contexts in two different sections was a little clunky that's all.

Hey there Caleb......no offense taken. I just wanted some clarity.
Retro....ok...70's....cool!
Clunky....ok......everything I write is clunky ;D Where would I be, if not clunky ???.......oh, ya, rich & famous ;)
Thanks Caleb for answering.
                                                  8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Caleb Rian

• Busker
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 02:21:59 PM »
Only one thing, the lyric could be crafted on a little more, only in my opinion.

I would like to ask you, however, as to what you mean by this being retro? Could you please explain what this is being compared to  :)
And what do you mean by your wish that this lyric be "crafted on a little more"? On a little more what  ???
Thanks, again....
Tom don't take offense. My retro comment was a compliment, thought the instrumentation was early 70's singer songwritier-esque and in a world where Adele, Rhianna and Mumford and Sons are all huge I don't see there being a limit or a certain mold we need to choose to present our music as long as it's done from the heart, people will buy into it.
Lyric wise my opinion is simple, I thought the use of the word desire in too different contexts in two different sections was a little clunky that's all.

Clunky....ok......everything I write is clunky ;D Where would I be, if not clunky ???.......oh, ya, rich & famous ;)
                                                  8)-Tom

You're a talented guy have fun with it. :)

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2016, 01:00:32 AM »

Thanks, again....

8)-Tom

Hey there Caleb......I truly am apologetic . I didn't mean to come off as snarky. I appreciate your comments.  ;D
                                      -T
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Caleb Rian

• Busker
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 01:30:24 AM »

Thanks, again....

8)-Tom

Hey there Caleb......I truly am apologetic . I didn't mean to come off as snarky. I appreciate your comments.  ;D
                                      -T
;D right back at you.

Tian

• Busker
    • Masterplan Songs
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 05:11:03 AM »
Great song and nice production!
Agree with the others - you did a good job :-) definitely

I really like the organ...
All the best
Seb