Storm Girl

• 23 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: August 29, 2016, 11:41:36 PM »
every so often when I want to ruin a song I use my fuzz box ….i never learn  ::)
i just cant get the mix any better ...the squeaky bits were the fuzz box sounding sort of rusty
the sound clips are from Freesounds & some are nicely loud on headphones  ;D
ive only just noticed there is somebody mumbling something in one of them so dont be freaked out like I was!

Its like the start of a thriller about a psycho & a girl who walks into his weird world...
there is a road in wickford called hurricane way & thats what started my imagination

Storm Girl

In his fast car
he waits for a pretty girl to say:
Lets chase tornadoes & love
they went thata way!

Weather check:
A storm alert & skies of fire
he drove down to the station
& sat there for hire

she ll be there with windswept hair &

He ll drive the Storm Girl with calm in her eyes
 driving the Storm Girl under wild skies

I tapped the glass.. said Drive me?
He knew it was fate.
Hurricane Way....  over  on the Storms Estate?

As the storm broke overhead  under  her spell
he hit the gas... we took off like a bat from hell

I was there with windswept hair &

He drives the Storm Girl with terror in her eyes
 driving the Storm Girl under frightening skies

(c) T.Marshall 2016
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:42:25 AM by tinam »
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:27:02 AM »
The "squeaky bits" kinda hurt my ears, but otherwise all I can say is, I wish I could do stuff like that....  If you want me to get really picky, there are a couple spots where I would probably find a way to get the words out differently to the rhythm so they fit better, but honestly, I would really hate to mess with any of your work. You have a special touch and changing it might ruin it!  :o

Excuse me now, while I go laboriously plunk out a few notes on my guitar while I'm still suitably inspired.

Vicki

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:44:09 AM »
Mad and awesome piece...just excellent!!, some areas need taming a little bit because played loud this music could be dangerous!!!..particularly the squeaky bits...gonna get health and safety in to check it out... ;D ;D

great work..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 07:54:43 AM »
Great stuff as usual Tina - Da Fuzz box is boxing my ears  :) It's good to hear you singing as well. You have a really good voice. This is really well put together and keeps the attention. It's unconventional as well. Love the mad guitar solo  :) That's right up my street. Excellent as ever.

John

Buc McMaster

• Open Mic
  • Old School.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:40:46 PM »
Wow.  Chaos and destruction!  The soundtrack for a fast moving animated sequence in something like Tank Girl.  Lots of energy in this, befitting the psycho/hapless girl/fierce storm theme.  Good job!

The variety of postings here really makes different schools of musical influence jump out at you.  Amazing.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 02:59:35 PM »
This one is like the 90s imitating the 60s,I hear the Primitives....Crash..na na na na...

Good to hear you chanting Tina,you should more often.  :)

The guitar solo was quite a chaotic Alex Lifeson. Me likey.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 06:58:41 PM »
Hi Tina,

I'm sorry I missed your last song,I will check it out later...

This one is one of my faves of yours,it's got all your usual "crazy" with the guitar stuff which is always awesome,but I really enjoyed listening to you sing!! Great melody...gets quite high..u have good range!
Cool lyrics,it was like listening to a comic...if that makes sense? Really cool stuff!

Great inspiration aswell! In my town there's a street called "Faye's passage"!!! ;D hmm...what could that song be about?? There's a joke about using a fuzz box in there somewhere...!!!  :o :o OH NO I DIDNT!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »
Tinam

Great song reminds me of 80s Bowie.

You are an amazing guitar play, playing all genres.

Your voice sounds really cool and complements the lyrics well.

Love how the song comes to its end.

Great artwork... Think I have a crush on the girl

Sandeep

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 10:53:13 AM »
Hi Tina,

Lively stuff.
Great to hear you singing again - your style totally suits this type of song - agree with the 90s references.
Blistering guitar work and great use of sound clips.
Perfect for the storm that is brewing outside.

Digger

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 06:02:41 PM »
Hi Tina...as usual, lots of energy and very entertaining. It's very fun to listen to, and the chaos you've created is epic. And while living in Hawaii, and with being surrounded by hurricane(s),  this was nice ,while lounging in the safety of my computer desk chair 8)
Good stuff!
                             -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 01:20:41 AM »
Good stuff Tina!
I really enjoyed this - esp liked the guitar and the bass work (is that you playing bass too?)
Vocals are good - could be a bit higher in the mix at times so old timers like me can make them out. You have a great voice and I want to hear it clearly.
Got soaking wet by the end but it was worth it!
Paul

JOdejo

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 12:31:54 PM »
Wow, heavy instruments, but ur voice compensates that, although in the chorus I think the music is a bit too heavy.. But the melody got stuck in my head "he drives the Storm Girl". I also like different lyrics u use in both choruses, the contradictions in her eyes, if you get me. and the guitar solo... Nice!
Music explains what words can't

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 05:27:29 PM »
Got a real Punkish vibe from this Tina, I presume you were a punk in a past life and possibly in this one as well? Very original as always and yes the fuzz is heavy but thats fine as long as it doesn't peak which it seems to in certain bits. You're vocals are fab and the guitar solo is like a 60s rocket taking off from a silo to the moon - crazy and juddery but soars away into the stratosphere. I hate you for it  ;D

The breakdown after is also fab with the storm effect. You should defo sing more often, the whole thing really works fantastically, fabulously, stratospherically well. Love it.

Oldbutyet

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 09:14:06 PM »
Hey Tina this has your talent stamp all over it and great to hear your vocals, love the way it starts with that cool dance drum beat move to it and then we're hit with everything including that fantastic guitar style you have, ive play this a few times just writing this because every part has a build up that i need to hear again, now thats what I call talent.

Great song Tina and more of your vocals okay, looking forward to your next song   8)

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 07:03:19 AM »
That's dark! Well, it is the way I read it. I always love TV/radio soundbytes in songs. Your voice sounds quite delicate over the furious backing. Reminiscent of Garbage. In a good way. I can just imagine playing Grand Tourismo to this. Once again with your work, I found myself loving the bass line just as much as the guitar.

I actually quite like the squeaky bits but they do need clipping a bit as they might be unwelcome on headphones. There is definitely a place in music for feedback, fret noise, pops, farts and other by-products that the guitarist struggles to keep under control and, occasionally lets off the leash. I thought the lyric was not quite dropping into the correct shaped holes here and there but it becomes right after a few plays. I'm well into double figures with this one ... oh! and late for work!

Interesting inspiration; local street name. Made me think about what I have around here ... best I can find is 'Brithem Bottom' a few miles away ... Sounds like something from a Black Adder script. Could be an idea for the next forum competition though.

P.s. T. Marshall? ... you've even got a rock 'n' roll name!
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans