MBTI

• 14 Replies

North Guitar

• Busker
    • North Guitar
« on: August 28, 2016, 12:04:46 AM »
Just curious if people here had tested their MBTI before, I am inclined to believe it is something that could change but I do find it interesting nonetheless.

So what type are you, or do you not believe in "MBTI"

I tested as ENTP

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 04:03:44 PM »
I'm more of a TWATT myself!

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:11:58 PM »
I'm more of a TWATT myself!

Don't believe that for a moment but, haven't stopped laughing since I read it! :D
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 08:35:41 PM »
What in the cockamamie heck is MBTI?
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 09:36:26 PM »
I think it's a personality analysis, umm, thing/process. I have a vague memory of it being something we did where I worked, once upon a time. I don't remember at all how mine turned out. You can search it. You answer a bunch of questions and get a report describing and explaining your personality. If I'm remembering the right thing.

Vicki

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 10:45:48 PM »
That is exactly it. I think I do one every year but I can never remember what I am. It is supposed to help you work better with your team by understanding their personalities and consequently, not falling out with them/shouting at them/punching them.

I would be better off as my own boss.

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 08:03:03 AM »
That is exactly it. I think I do one every year but I can never remember what I am. It is supposed to help you work better with your team by understanding their personalities and consequently, not falling out with them/shouting at them/punching them.

Good grief!

As usual Dilbert's got it covered ... https://msu.edu/user/pdickson/talks/dilbertonmyersbriggs.htm

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 09:33:58 AM »
I took the test last year...and found it fascinating (despite my natural cynicism)

I'm an INFJ

I'm a sucker ( ;) ) for this kind of stuff...I'd be really interested to see what other members are (he said in a slightly disconcerting way)

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 03:53:19 PM »
Okay, I went and found the test online at 16 Personalities website. I am apparently classified as a Campaigner (ENFP-T). I see "they" have added a 5th letter ???

Anyway, I may not be a good judge of my own character, but I don't agree with "[I am] fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, (I) crave creativity and freedom." Although I do kinda like the sound of that.

On the other hand, I can't argue with my being an "imaginative and enthusiastic free spirit on the dance floor, often with a suddenness that can surprise even [my] closest friends", though. At least it surprised my son-in-law. :)  ;D

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 05:04:23 PM »
these sort of things are funny arent they ...we all love to have labels we can stick on ourselves ....makes us special....its a type of jewellery realy  :)
anyway I did it & im a INTA ...thats a anagram for you  ;D

Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

North Guitar

• Busker
    • North Guitar
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 07:27:23 PM »
yea one thing interesting I had read (I'll find source again and post it later) was that types can also have shadow types when they get over stressed or shy et cetera.

The example I was given said an ENTP will rely on other less dominant functions in their system of thinking and become INFJ ( funny enough in early high school I was sometimes shy and had tested as INFJ then)
I still believe people could change from time to time, but my result as ENTP makes me almost too happy to question(key word being almost)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 07:41:32 PM »
INFJ-T
Are you any the wiser, cos I'm not.

I'm more of the EEBS. Enjoy every bloody sandwich!

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 08:01:00 AM »
I'm an INFJ but I view this very much like a horoscope. Nothing in there to mortally offend and easy to make arguments that the indicated traits do, in fact apply. Particularly the judgemental bit. I would be reluctant to work for a company that thought this kind of testing (or almost anything acronym based) was valid in any way. Excuse my STBO (Statement of The Bleedin' Obvious).

North Guitar

• Busker
    • North Guitar
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 12:01:49 AM »
I wouldn't view them as a horoscope, since horoscopes are more along the lines of fate, and mbti is more a generalisation of types of people and choices they make to determine which category they fall into.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 04:35:53 PM »
I'm a FUBAR.. ;D ;D
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!