Hello from Nashville!

• 4 Replies

reallife4

• Busker
« on: September 12, 2016, 07:05:33 PM »
Hey Songwriters Forum people!

I’m Dave Tough, a Nashville based songwriter, producer, and professor. I co-write with a lot of people around town but am looking for more people across the country to co-write with and potentially producer demos for. First time around any sort of songwriter forum but I’m just trying to see what it’s all about and work with some talented folks. Hello!

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 08:01:39 PM »
Hi Dave.

I've used a Nashville studio for some songs..they're  on a CD now..they were never meant too.(another story).

..they are all co-writes in one way or another...i did the lyrics.

I'm up to a co-write project...

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 07:24:16 AM »
Dave, welcome. We're a pretty broad and supportive church here and there's a fair bit of collaboration that goes on here. Have a read of some of threads and the rules, it's pretty simple. There's lots to contribute and get from the folks on the forum, so get stuck in.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 06:46:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum DAVE

We have a great mix of writers and producers here

am looking for more people across the country to co-write with and potentially producer demos for.

I do want to be very direct and honest here...

We have had many people join the forum in the past under the guise of collaborating but they ultimately want to charge members to produce demos for them - and the common ploy of "..your songs are amazing, let me produce a demo for £$£$£$£ and I can get it to {insert impressive industry contact name}" has been tried sooooo many times

I am not for one second saying that these are your motives - but I am sure you can understand my cautiousness of seeing this type of post on the forum

Any advertising of products or services must be approved by me

I am really sorry to come down so hard on you but I hope you can appreciate that I am very protective of the members here

I am sure your intentions are honorable and I hope you become a valued member of the forum

If you want to discuss anything please feel free to drop me a PM

(I hope you don't take any offense - I would be the same if you wanted to date my daughter  ;D ;))
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:54:11 PM »

(I hope you don't take any offense - I would be the same if you wanted to date my daughter  ;D ;))

;D ;D ;D

Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about Boydie, he's a softie really.