Never Back Down

• 19 Replies

AndyV

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 08:35:24 AM »
Hey Tom,

Thx for your input. The song was produced in one of Belgium's major studio's (The Globe) and the final mastering was even done in Abbey Road Studio's in London, so there is no lack of expertise. But I do understand your point.

Producing a song is usually easier with the input of the artist, and this is something we had to do without here (unfortunately).

But I think the result is a good homage to Sander, the singer, and this is what were aiming at. I'm glad you like the song anyhow :)

Cheers
Andy

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 07:30:16 AM »
Good write. Great production. Best of luck with it.
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

AndyV

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 12:07:59 PM »
Thx a lot Shiney  :)

danieltrigger

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 06:50:48 PM »
I thought the song was well-crafted, and well-performed...sounding good to me! A very merry song, and there may be something in the earlier feedback that the track is too upbeat for the subject matter. But then saying that, a track needs to have a good hook to get the listener's attention, and in this case, deliver it's message. So I'm kinda on the fence on that one.

But an overall thumbs up from me, very radio-friendly, well arranged, and an enjoyable listening experience!

AndyV

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 01:38:27 PM »
Thanks Daniel.

Initially the song was a bit calmer (especially the bridge), but the producers thought it could use the continuous upbeat, since this is more radio-friendly.