Keep the Fire Burning

• 15 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 02:18:20 AM »
@Movin Flavour: Thanks! I'm just a sixties kid. I don't even know I'm doing it. I would like to try to grow into a newer decade one of these days, though.

@Buc McMaster: Yes, I have a tendency to forget totally about dynamics. Something I need to work on. It would be cool to have my own personal vocal coach. I should have taken advantage of the opportunity in college!

@delb0y: I'm familiar with Eva C's "Over the Rainbow" but not "Penny to My Name", so I'll have to take a listen to that. I'm going to town tomorrow, so I can maybe get it downloaded then. I'm considering redoing this all stripped down but it may be challenging....

@Paulski: Yeah, I like the woahs, too. I didn't write them in at first, but when I started singing it, I realized I needed to add them. I agree about just using guitar. I guess I need to get drilling on my guitar skills. Like, seriously.

@montydog: I don't mind at all. I really like constructive feedback. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It doesn't hurt my feelings at all. It's actually kind of exciting to get hints for ways to improve. Also, I am the least objective person in the world when listening to my own stuff. I have a tendency to think everything sounds bad, although I'm getting over that, but I need objective feedback a lot! Which is why I love these forums.

@everybody: Thanks for all the complimentary remarks regarding my songwriting and my singing. They motivate me to do more and try harder.

:)

Vicki