The King of the Blues

• 18 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 06:42:22 AM »
Hey there Derek.....I don't know how this one escaped me :'(...but, now that I'm here........Good one!
I really like the guitar playing, as usual. Singing good, and your writing is as pointed and clear, as ever.
As for the subject, there were a bunch of Kings, but I'm thinking BB King  ??? Right?
Nice one.....could use a harmonica  ;)
                                                                      8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

lillypilly

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 02:15:18 PM »
I have to say not many songs draw me in immediately but this one did for sure, really like how it flowed.

Would liked to have heard a few more bars of lead guitar after second and third verse but that is only my preference

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 10:51:35 PM »
Man,so many people on this forum are just consistently brilliant and you're one of them mate.This took me back to my honeymoon in New Orleans...really cool stuff mate.

Kudos
Leo  ;D

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »
Christ, you can play that acoustic - reminds me of JJ Cale with those lovely little fills and runs. This is a very strong song beautifully sung - probably your best vocal so far. I would also say that's it's probably my favourite songs of yours so far. Stunning throughout -  makes me want to give up trying to write and play because I'll never get this good.

Right up my street, I know but I love it. Perfect, No nits.

M