Hallowe'en song contest anyone?

• 11 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« on: September 07, 2016, 06:12:06 PM »
Think I spelt it correctly?
I'm willing to be one of the hosts - hopefully we can get a cohost so I can enter too. :)

My thinking would be the song must be a scary story or a dark theme ?? Entries would have to be completed by Oct 31/2016. Voting in November.

Please post comments here if interested or you have an idea on the theme. :)

cheers
Paul
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:00:07 PM by Paulski »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 07:29:39 PM »
I think it's a great idea, and I'd like to see the rules posted in the topic announcing the actual competition. So none of the newbies are taken by surprise. Like, do we need to have made a minimum number of posts? Does the song have to be written between now and the deadline? Or at least be a reworked, "new" version of something we wrote before? Or can we enter something we've already posted in the past? Stuff like that. :D

I would help, but I don't have a reliable way to listen to/watch songs posted as videos. Plus, I've never done it before and don't know how.  ;D

Vicki

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:46:34 PM »
I think it's a great idea, and I'd like to see the rules posted in the topic announcing the actual competition. So none of the newbies are taken by surprise. Like, do we need to have made a minimum number of posts? Does the song have to be written between now and the deadline? Or at least be a reworked, "new" version of something we wrote before? Or can we enter something we've already posted in the past? Stuff like that. :D

I would help, but I don't have a reliable way to listen to/watch songs posted as videos. Plus, I've never done it before and don't know how.  ;D

Vicki
Yes - guidelines/rules should be clear :) The only prerequisite to be a host is you should have a pulse, but I suppose we could allow the walking dead given the title :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 09:01:02 PM »
Doesn't the host also have to be able to listen to all the music? I suppose it might be possible, though, if I keep on top of it and make sure I take time to download the videos when I'm in town. Once I've downloaded them, I can watch them any time.

It's a little weak, but I have a pulse. I just checked. ;)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 09:17:30 PM »
Doesn't the host also have to be able to listen to all the music? I suppose it might be possible, though, if I keep on top of it and make sure I take time to download the videos when I'm in town. Once I've downloaded them, I can watch them any time.

It's a little weak, but I have a pulse. I just checked. ;)
I suppose when it comes to voting, you will need to listen to everything. But I don't think you'd need to listen as a host, unless you feel that the song doesn't fit the brief and should be disqualified - but I'm sure others will be quick to point that out. The main reasons for two hosts are to lighten the workload, double check vote counting and to keep the other host honest - and I'll definitely need that kind of policing if I enter a song mwhoooahahaha !  :o :o

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 09:19:31 PM »
Duh! You're right. I always vote, so I'll be downloading all the videos anyway. So, unless someone more suited comes along, I can give it a try. I've never hosted, so just tell me what to do.

Vicki

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 11:54:22 PM »
Duh! You're right. I always vote, so I'll be downloading all the videos anyway. So, unless someone more suited comes along, I can give it a try. I've never hosted, so just tell me what to do.

Vicki
Consider yourself hired (if this contest happens :))

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 06:25:17 AM »
I'd love to be in...........depends on the rules  ;D
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Helena4

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 09:14:33 AM »
Oh I can do dark... mwahahahahahahahaha
In her kiss, I taste the revolution...
I am a rebel girl.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »
sounds like a lotta fun.... ive got a few ideas ..i might need a guy to do a vincent price voice for me tho

Rule No1: No spiders allowed ok!
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 07:46:31 AM »
Good idea Paul,

Enjoy the listening part.

Sandeep

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »
I scare myself enough as it is, so can´t imagine doing it deliberately. I´ll bow out of this one and just enjoy the music - great idea though!