"In the Name of the Father" - Collab - Hardtwistmusic / Oldbutyet

• 20 Replies

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 10:25:52 PM »
Wow! This really struck me on a personal level.I loved all of it! Fantastic delivery,really excellent,thought provoking lyrics.

Great job guys. ;D ;D

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 05:15:49 PM »
this is so good...i think it's the perfect interpretation of a great lyric...

the delivery is excellent - you've done a wonderful job here

compelling
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Oldbutyet

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 07:38:47 PM »
Wow! This really struck me on a personal level.I loved all of it! Fantastic delivery,really excellent,thought provoking lyrics.

Great job guys. ;D ;D

Thanks Leo really please you like this much appreciated

this is so good...i think it's the perfect interpretation of a great lyric...

the delivery is excellent - you've done a wonderful job here

compelling

Paul Thank you so much.

and Thanks again all.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 12:55:37 PM »
The guitar needs to be louder, the song needs to be shorter and it needs a sung chorus to add interest and emotional punch IMHO.

The lyrics are great but the quantity dilutes the message.

You could base a religion around this.

M

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »
Overall I think this is excellent--I like it very much. I think it could be made stronger, as someone else mentioned, by tightening it up to make it shorter and by adding a sung chorus between spoken verses--something rich and choral to add punch. If that makes any sense....??

Vicki

Oldbutyet

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 08:10:46 PM »
The guitar needs to be louder, the song needs to be shorter and it needs a sung chorus to add interest and emotional punch IMHO.

The lyrics are great but the quantity dilutes the message.

You could base a religion around this.

M

For me this is all about the lyrics and getting them heard the best way i can, the guitar melody is just something i put together to keep in the background but in no way make it to loud that it would distract the listener from what the lyrics is all about.

(You could base a religion around this)

A religion of truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, an antidote, ah the wonders of it all  8)

Thank you Alan.

Overall I think this is excellent--I like it very much. I think it could be made stronger, as someone else mentioned, by tightening it up to make it shorter and by adding a sung chorus between spoken verses--something rich and choral to add punch. If that makes any sense....??

Vicki

Adding a sung chorus between spoken verses would add a few more minutes to this because there is no way i would leave out any verses but in saying that, adding a few more minutes doesn't bother me and i do believe what you say just might work if i could spend a few hours with a group of musicians like an orchestra, hopefully some time in the future that just might happen.

Thank you Vicki really appreciate your thoughts on this.