konalavadome

Let me show you

• 27 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« on: August 16, 2016, 01:01:34 PM »
Hi all... :) :)
Guy trying to make it with a girl and she just laughs at him..ah well..everything normal then.. ::)

https://soundcloud.com/knmac/let-me-show-you

if you take a listen..I thank you.. :) :)

Do you believe I cannot help you love along the way,
when all that you can see, makes you afraid,
A darkened sky looks down on you I know you feel the need,
I can show you things you oughta see,
your all alone,
let me take you home,
I'll show you how I feel,
you know my love is real,

let me show you x4

Girl laughing..

The danger zone is in your eyes I see you turn away,
I guess I'll never feel your love today,

your all alone,
let me take you home,
I'll show you how I feel,
you know my love is real,

let me show you x4

Girl laughing..©KNmac

best, Kevin :) :) :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:07:44 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Buc McMaster

• Open Mic
  • Old School.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
I'm hearing The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again during the intro, but then it's a whole different thing.  The kick drum makes it all throb throughout and there's a very '80s feel to it all.  Electronic keyboard work has never been on my list of favorite things, but then again I play guitar......so......

I'm thinking maybe this is the kind of tune I should take a pass on............

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 03:49:19 PM »
I'm hearing The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again during the intro, but then it's a whole different thing.  The kick drum makes it all throb throughout and there's a very '80s feel to it all.  Electronic keyboard work has never been on my list of favorite things, but then again I play guitar......so......

I'm thinking maybe this is the kind of tune I should take a pass on............

Reckon you need to take another listen to 'Wont get fooled again' mate :) it sounds nothing nothing like it..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Buc McMaster

• Open Mic
  • Old School.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 04:15:34 PM »
No need to get all defensive, sir.  The intro does bring that Who song's intro to my mind and that's no slight, just an observation.  It doesn't offend me that you might think it derivative, but I do think it quite childish of you to post the Sweet Alabama reference on the other thread, in some kind of tit-for-tat retaliation, I suppose.  Being part of the community here requires participation......I have obviously participated in the wrong place.  I meant no offense to you nor your song......it's just not my cup of tea and I thought I made that clear.  I'll be mindful of which tunes I make comment on in the future.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:17:42 PM by Buc McMaster »

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »
Not getting defensive mate...it just does not sound like the Who's 'Wont get fooled again'..thats all :) :) :)

your song does sound like Sweet home Alabama and I felt able to give a more ..shall we say, frank critique because you set the pace with your frank critique..so whats the problem..? non here

I will not be childish and avoid your next song..i'll give it a listen, if it's good I'll say so.. :) :)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:32:02 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 07:32:48 PM »
Stop arguing you two  ;)

I like this song a lot but it had to grow on me a bit. At first, I wasn't getting into the groove but the more it built, the more I became a fan of it by the end. I think it was as you built the layers of sound throughout, that it grabbed my attention more. I especially like the layered guitar at the end underneath the synths (If they weren't synths themselves that is). The girl laughing bit is a nice touch.

Maybe kick it more at the start, but apart from that I really liked it.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 08:19:07 AM »
The Shad is back  :)

This is a bit of a grower Kevin, I like the driving bass underpinning the song which really drives it along and the Spanish guitar effect. It's a wonderful piece on 80's synth pop. It's not an immediate song but when you listen a couple of times it really grows on you. Good to have you back on the forum mate  :)

Cheers

John

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 01:44:11 AM »
I enjoyed listening to that. Sounds all innocent and yes a common scenario. I do also get a Pete Townsend vibe from it. Only vaguely though.
I wish I could get into adding all those instruments on my tracks.

Thanks.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 04:48:22 AM »
Hey there Shadow.......
Nice to hear a new one. For me, there is a faint taste of the Who power, here.......but, don't ever think that I'm piling on.....I get that all the time, myself, and that's just how we relate to music. To me there are three types of songs: ones that sound so cliché that it is not worth getting into (so I'll just be nice), ones that are rocking, and reminds me of one of my favorites, and then there are those that are so unique, that it becomes apparent right away. The latter two, are the songs that are most palatable, to me, and really worth listening to  ;).

It's a good tune, and I always enjoy what you bring.
Good one!
                                         8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 10:51:52 AM »
I enjoyed listening to that. Sounds all innocent and yes a common scenario. I do also get a Pete Townsend vibe from it. Only vaguely though.
I wish I could get into adding all those instruments on my tracks.

Thanks.

Hi mate, thanks for listening....there are only 2 synths, bass, power chord guitar and my wife laughing at me...and drums of course..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 10:54:38 AM »
Hey there Shadow.......
Nice to hear a new one. For me, there is a faint taste of the Who power, here.......but, don't ever think that I'm piling on.....I get that all the time, myself, and that's just how we relate to music. To me there are three types of songs: ones that sound so cliché that it is not worth getting into (so I'll just be nice), ones that are rocking, and reminds me of one of my favorites, and then there are those that are so unique, that it becomes apparent right away. The latter two, are the songs that are most palatable, to me, and really worth listening to  ;).

It's a good tune, and I always enjoy what you bring.
Good one!
                                         8)-Tom

cheers Tom, no prob being compared to other artists at all...just thought it was a weird comparison after checking out the Who...they don't sound anything like 80's pop..ah well ???
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 10:55:50 AM »
Stop arguing you two  ;)

I like this song a lot but it had to grow on me a bit. At first, I wasn't getting into the groove but the more it built, the more I became a fan of it by the end. I think it was as you built the layers of sound throughout, that it grabbed my attention more. I especially like the layered guitar at the end underneath the synths (If they weren't synths themselves that is). The girl laughing bit is a nice touch.

Maybe kick it more at the start, but apart from that I really liked it.

Hi mate, thanks for the listen, all synths 'cept for the power chords...
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 10:57:56 AM »
The Shad is back  :)

This is a bit of a grower Kevin, I like the driving bass underpinning the song which really drives it along and the Spanish guitar effect. It's a wonderful piece on 80's synth pop. It's not an immediate song but when you listen a couple of times it really grows on you. Good to have you back on the forum mate  :)

Cheers

John

Hi John, thanks for listening mate...always fascinating how different peeps hear different things in a song...never heard spanish guitar but now mention it...HHhhmmm :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2016, 08:50:35 AM »
Kevin,

Like this a lot.

Love the synth sound.

Definitely one to be sitting down chilling to, with a glass of red in my hand.

The production on the singing is excellent, but the voice still has a raw feeling.

All the emotion is picked up.

Sandeep

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 09:24:34 PM »
nice to hear from you again, Kevin

i'm a massive Who and Townshend fan...we were talking about bringing Won't Get Fooled Again back into the set...i didn't hear any connection at all...just goes to show...we all hear different things

a good solid number...your stuff is always really well performed and produced  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter