check out
https://soundcloud.com/dark-poetry
if you like anything pm me

iain

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 09:24:13 PM »
I'm listening as I type.   The only question I have is "What is it that you think is wrong with your voice?"  

The only thing I can hear (admittedly on the first song I'm listening to) is that the song you have written isn't quite perfect for your voice. . . . but no one's voice is just right for every song.

I'll listen to several of your songs and see if there are some that I feel I could sing better with MY limitations than you have sung with YOUR limitations.  But it won't be about my voice being "better", it would be about my voice being more applicable to the song.  

I'm now listening to your second song.  Same thing.  The song you have written isn't a great fit for your voice, but that doesn't mean something is wrong with your voice.  

AND.... I kind of suspect that if you believed in your voice, and sang with more confidence, these could be very good songs for YOUR voice.  

What I'm not willing to do is perpetuate your lack of belief in your voice by singing a song "better" than you.  For me to help you with this, you would have to commit to more belief in your own voice, and in finding the strengths in your own voice.  

I'll keep listening.  

I haven't really listened to hear the songs yet.  I've been focusing on your vocals through this listen.  

Anyway. . . listen to some of my songs, and tell me if you would like me to help with some vocals. . . and specifically which of your songs you think my voice might be good for.  

Oh... and btw.... I have a lyric called "The Devil is in the Details" that would (from memory anyway) almost seamlessly fit with your "Devil Details" music.  Call it Kismet.  Let me know if you would like me to explore how those two might come together.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 09:27:15 PM by hardtwistmusic »
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Helena4

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 07:59:32 PM »
I totally agree with whats been said - we all have limitations - work around them. But if you want us to work out if we can sing the songs better, I think it would be helpful if you could provide lyrics or something so I can like, read and sing. It's a bit of effort to first copy down everything you're saying in a track so I can learn it a little, then sing it.
In her kiss, I taste the revolution...
I am a rebel girl.