konalavadome

Guitar Women of Bongo Island

• 25 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 02:34:35 PM »
Great stuff. Everything in its place and nothing out of place. There is something quite pure about instrumentals and you have to nail them and I think this does. And I don't even like bongos normally...

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 07:12:36 PM »
Love the title....sounds like a great place for a guy like me to become shipwrecked  ;D.
Seriously, a very cool beach music instrumental......nice guitar playing, Tina.....that is you, right?
Good stuff!
                               -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 10:44:21 AM »
Terrific! I bow in your general direction! The guitar work is just top notch as usual but the bass is spot-on too. Instrumentals are hard because there are no words to distract from the instrumentation .. Duh! So the title becomes more important than usual and this one is great. How can you not have a listen to a track called 'Guitar Women of Bongo Island'? Such an authentic sound too and you've got the trem bar stuff just perfect. Love the bongos going nineteen to the dozen in places. I got to tell you though, I was on a surf beach just last weekend and they don't listen to this kind-a stuff these days. They should though.

You just leave me wishing I'd taken more guitar lessons when I was young and receptive!
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 10:35:30 PM »
thanks everyone for listening...i know its a instrumental & this is a songwriting forum so it probably doesnt count in some peoples opininon..i will make sure I sing the next one ok
I love playing surf music bcos  you get to play guitar all the way thru & it sounds like a realy catchy song but with guitar lyrics :)

martyn/ delboy/ shiny/ pat: thanks for the huge compliments about my guitar playing...ive never had a lesson & I know hardly any theory so im glad you think its good

john:  bert weedon ive never heard of ...is that his real name? poor man.. weed on! Well I suppose it could actually be worse ! Im not going to say any more :)

sandeep/ kevin: hank marvin &shadows yes he/they were great werent they ...shame about cliff tho

buc :thanks ..a lifetime of plucking eyebrows means I sadly cant join you in the dance of the bushy brows
vicki: half is practice & half is getting loose ...(thats a rocknroll term for attacking the gin bottle) & just letting go & see what comes out  :)

skub & paul: gad you were impressed with my bongoes   ;D

tom:  yes tom ..its a guitar instrumental, what else did you think I did in it then?
ive been playing guitar for 30 years ..& in case you think hmm shes older than I thought
I started realy realy young ok  ;D

Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

North Guitar

• Busker
    • North Guitar
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 07:30:43 PM »
Love it
As has been mentioned perfect for a Tarantino movie(would of fit right in with Pulp Fiction IMO)
Nice Art as well
Plus I personally love many instrumentals, and this one is short and sweet(and does not feel like its dragged out and repeating itself)

You should sign up on Soundcloud as well

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 01:34:48 PM »
as usual im way behind the curve here..

the surfaris — the ventures turbocharged ! my dad told me about them :)
i imagine this with a big dirty pink 50s guitar when they were built like cadillacs with a zillion switches and chrome flashing off the stagelights altho i think in reality you use one of those pointy jobs..
results brilliant though..alive alive o
like the bass line descending  .great playing throughout &mix including the treble.. that dansette sound we were all brought up on...well i was anway ...to get extra bass you had to close the lid and put encyclopedias on top..

we used to do 'wipe out' in my first band as we worked the scout hut, british legion and brownies disco circuit.. they thought we were good anyway..  being the drummer it was my big number,, mustve sounded awful..
this doesnt by the way it sounds terrific ..
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 07:39:32 AM »
thanks everyone for listening...i know its a instrumental & this is a songwriting forum so it probably doesnt count in some peoples opininon..i will make sure I sing the next one ok
I love playing surf music bcos  you get to play guitar all the way thru & it sounds like a realy catchy song but with guitar lyrics :)

tom:  yes tom ..its a guitar instrumental, what else did you think I did in it then?
ive been playing guitar for 30 years ..& in case you think hmm shes older than I thought
I started realy realy young ok  ;D

Judging by your avatar, you must have been one of those child prodigies....probably started composing / playing at 2 years of age  :)

.....And, I don't know....maybe you served the coffee for the Beach boys when they were in town recording :-[.....I only asked because it is a rarity to actually be able to converse with someone with your skill level and talent.....I am humbled   8)

Keep rockin'
                      -T
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 12:44:58 AM »
Well that was a far out trip to the sixties, man.
You stayed true to the genre too - no modern effects to spoil the voyage.
Reminded me of the bar band days - where ppl would request "wipe-out or you die" on gigs where we had  no drummer  ??? ???
Nice pickin too
well done Tina!

Paul

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 12:07:36 PM »

Hi Tina,

So much energy.....gonna have to lie down now ;D

Some great melodies, and love the picking especially
 the bit right at the end.....amazing ;D Love your art
 work too.  You're just Wonderful ;D

xx
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2016, 10:34:43 PM »
Just awesome!!  ;D I meant to say on "Storm girl",who does your art work? It's really cool! Especially the storm girl one.

You are a super talent Tina,keep up the great work!  ;D

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 11:02:40 PM »
no I do the whole lot leo... art work guitar singing ...i did used to have a cleaning lady when we thought we were special ...but we werent special so I do that aswell
the artwork is a bit of drawing but mostly taking bits of images & changing them into what i want

thanks guys for the lovely comments :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)