Film scoring

• 4 Replies

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« on: August 12, 2016, 10:06:37 AM »
Has anyone on here tired writing music to film? I´m interested if others have, because I started to get into it for a film-maker friend about 10 years ago and have done it sporidacally since...you obviously need a completely different approach and way of thinking and I think it´s helped me as a muso by broadening horizons.

Logic is great for scoring because you can import video into it. Here´s one example of mine (although they did an edit at one point without asking me  :-\). If anyone else has examples it would be great to see them!

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 10:26:54 AM »
Hi Martyn

Great job! I thought the music went really well with the film. It's something I'd like to do, but the opportunity hasn't presented itself thus far. Good for you for broadening your horizons. Making instrumental music is completely different to making a song (in my experience). Also, some classic lines in that short film "Who's your shepherd" :D

Great stuff :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 10:33:07 AM »
Thanks Tone!

Yes, the guy is a great comedy writer...it´s always laugh to do the music for him. I think there are plenty of amateur film makers out there looking for music, if you wanted to have a go. Most of them will choose library stuff which is ok in iteself, but I don´t think anything beats a dedicated score. I´ve seen loads of films where the score has not been right (IMO), and could be improved no end if more thought went into the music.

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 03:29:17 PM »

good work with the music martyn
very funny film
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 02:23:00 PM »
Cheers Nooms. Perhaps it´s another idea for the cross-forum pollination mentioned in another thread - it´s a great outlet for muso´s and I´d highly recommend having a go if you have the basic tools.