konalavadome

Soundcloud Group

• 16 Replies

AdamHarkus

• Open Mic
    • The Blogging Musician
« on: August 03, 2016, 12:03:00 PM »
I've already followed a few of you on Soundcloud whilst listening to entries for the Bare Bone Comp.

Do you have a SoundCloud "Group" setup for the Songwriters Forum?, If not I think it's a really good idea to set one up as it will both give the artists more exposure and also more get more subscribers to this Forum.

Just a thought.....

The Blogging Musician @ https://adamharkus.com

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
I understand that sound cloud groups are being phased out shortly. Had an email the other day. Anyway, I follow all of you guys  :)

AdamHarkus

• Open Mic
    • The Blogging Musician
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 02:35:06 PM »
Really? bummer :(

Yeah, I've got a 14 day ban at he mo so I need to lay off a bit, but I will try and connect with people on here.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 02:40:59 PM »
Yeh it sounded like a good idea until I read John's comment!

A lot of us comment on each others songs on soundcloud as well as a more full fat critique on this forum. I think this is a good thing as everything interlinks and the songs reach a potentially larger audience.

Perhaps if the group page thing is dead in the water,we could be more proactive with the music of those we know and develop things that way?

How did you incur a ban on s/c Adam?

AdamHarkus

• Open Mic
    • The Blogging Musician
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 03:22:58 PM »
You need to be careful when you are following people back, if you follow back too many people to quickly it kicks in.

When I first started on soundCloud I basically followed a load of people I didn't know, right up to the 2000 limit, but I've since cut that number right back and are now only following and following back artists I either know, am genuinely interested in, or have expressed on interest in my music (e.g. the artist on here)

AdamHarkus

• Open Mic
    • The Blogging Musician
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 03:24:23 PM »
Oh Btw thanks for the like Vance I'll need to check out your stuff too!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »
You need to be careful when you are following people back, if you follow back too many people to quickly it kicks in.

When I first started on soundCloud I basically followed a load of people I didn't know, right up to the 2000 limit, but I've since cut that number right back and are now only following and following back artists I either know, am genuinely interested in, or have expressed on interest in my music (e.g. the artist on here)

Wow. I wasn't aware any of that could happen. Ta for the heads up.  :)

AdamHarkus

• Open Mic
    • The Blogging Musician
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 04:11:30 PM »
Tread carefully out there !

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 04:21:34 PM »
The funny thing is, because of SoundCloud I only really ever listen to music by the forumites now. Makes my day to be honest... :D

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
I like the idea as long as it is apossibility.

I think that John is correct about groups being gradually closed down.

Count me in what ever happens!

Sandeep

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 12:03:20 AM »
These groups are weird. Sometimes when I post a new song I get an immediate like from a Russian girlie showing her ass ??? Other time I got 56 plays overnight in Japan  ::)

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 12:10:23 AM »
These groups are weird. Sometimes when I post a new song I get an immediate like from a Russian girlie showing her ass ??? Other time I got 56 plays overnight in Japan  ::)

You lucky bastard! I usually get likes from Japanese Sumo wrestlers showing their ass....

Doodles

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Page
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 07:10:01 AM »
Most days for me its a coin toss between whether listen to my ripped cd collection or Soundcloud playlist (mostly forumites) - even when I've bought new CDs I've often opted for Soundcloud. Honestly other than the hype, lucky break, budget and production quality, I don't think there is any difference in between the better peeps on here and those that have lived it up for years off the back of their music. Often I prefer the Soundcloud stuff as it is less predictable, sanitised and written for a particular market.

I've pushed for playlists, forum tags, mutual promotion/sharing on Facebook/banner sharing etc - I think Boydie has ideas on the agenda with his site revamp. To be honest I think the forumites do well in supporting each other - how else would I have getting on for 2,000 plays??! Some of the guys on here deserve a lot more exposure though.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 02:49:52 PM »
I've often thought that SC was a bit disappointing - and now they say they're shutting down groups for our benefit? Like someone asked for that? More likely trying to save money.
By now they should support song videos, sending followers messages and host on-line radio stations. I don't really care if they run ads to pay for this, but I mean it's 2016, man and they're still offering what they did 5 years ago (even less when they shut down groups  >:().

But the song "waveform" is cute even though it means nothing to 99% of listeners.

Rant over - please return to your regularly scheduled programming :)
Paul

Doodles

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Page
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 03:44:21 PM »
What does annoy me about Soundcloud is that you have to pay for the priveledge of choosing which track appears at the top of your page. And they should really be moving forward more with the features.

But hey-ho I think I'd rather keep it feature light than for it to be fishing for your money every five minutes, like some of the other sites. At least it doesn't prey on songwriters delusions of grandeur.

We'd miss it if it wasn't there.