Another noob joins the circle

• 3 Replies

Draven

• Busker
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:43:21 PM »
Sup folks. I'm not exactly new to songwriting (I'm not a pro by any means though). I started writing music at about 15 years old, which were mostly instrumental pieces, and then eventually progressed to writing lyrics when I turned 19.

Music has been my life blood, like many of you guys here, and it was something I confided in when I experienced bullying at the age of 15 so music was something where I was able to draw a sense of strength and conviction.

As far as career goes, I didn't really know what I wanted to do with myself until I turned 22 where I finally realized that despite having the option of taking an academic career to the top, music will always be where my passion is which is why I decided to chase that passion as far as I can go. To all those younger than myself, I know it's unwise when I say to you guys that education will always be there and you can pursue it at anytime whereas a dream career has a window on it, but for myself personally, that was my stance on it which is why I've put my own education on hold to chase something I've always gotten goosebumps from.
My comments are only intended to help. If I offend you, please PM me instead. I'll be happy to settle disputes amicably. I'll treat your songs like how I want you to treat mine.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:18:07 PM »
Greetings Draven! Welcome to our community. I hope you like it here. Just jump right in, listen to some stuff, tell us what you think, post some music, etc.

Vicki :)

Draven

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 11:43:01 PM »
Cheers. Thanks for the welcome.
My comments are only intended to help. If I offend you, please PM me instead. I'll be happy to settle disputes amicably. I'll treat your songs like how I want you to treat mine.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 05:03:30 PM »
Hi,
Welcome and look forward to your contribution, lots to enjoy here.
Cheers
Neil
songwriter of no repute..