Song called Katie can someone help me write a song?

• 5 Replies

NickyWix

• Busker
« on: October 18, 2016, 07:50:15 PM »
My girlfriend Katie is moving away :'( and I would like to write a song about her. I say girlfriend, I mean crush! She doesn't even know i love her. I want it to be about my feelings for her. Can someone help me with lines or something to start it off nicely?
My name is Nicolas James Evans and I am a wannabe pop singer

Hooded Singer

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 08:35:39 PM »
My advice would be this is going to come off creepy as hell and don't do it.

Ask her to hang out before she moves away, try to have a good time, then move on.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 12:24:59 AM »
I agree with Hooded. When someone is moving away is not the time to suddenly dump your feelings on her. Writing a song for/about her is too personal if you don't already have a close relationship.

However, you could do something in more general terms. Tell her the fact that she's moving away is making you realize how things can change on you and now you're wondering how many other people you know are going to drift away and become part of your past. And you're hoping maybe you could stay connected to some extent, maybe on Facebook, Instagram, Google+ or whatever and--if she declines--drop it, don't push it.

If you write a song, make it about how time passes, things change, opportunities drift away before you take advantage of them...something like that.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 03:06:56 AM »
I suspect you have been misunderstood.   You said you want to write a song about how you feel about her.  I didn't read anywhere that you intend to give it to her.  Everyone is right. . . dumping your feelings on her after it's too late to do anything about it is a mistake.

BUT.... writing a song about unrequited love and/or unexpressed love is NOT a bad idea.  Some great songs have come out of that.  

BUT. . . . having one of us write it is not a good idea.  No one knows your feelings but you.  This has to be your song.  Write it, and let us give you input on it. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 03:08:31 AM by hardtwistmusic »
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 03:22:13 AM »
I think Verlon's right. I was jumping to conclusions with insufficient evidence. This type of emotional "inspiration" has probably been behind some of the world's greatest art.

Verlon has provided you some great advice. Use your feelings to inspire your words and start writing. Post some lyrics in the lyric section and see what you get for feedback.

And meanwhile, check out the guidelines and review a few of the songs lying about the forums here. :)

Vicki

Polky09

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 09:34:42 AM »
I say go for it mate!!!!
what have you got to loose, I wrote one once for the same reason.
I married the girl!!!!