• The Blogging Musician
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 09:33:28 PM »
Apologies, it's in the lyrics  ;D
The Blogging Musician @ https://adamharkus.com

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 03:29:33 PM »
All,
Thanks for the +ve comments and for nooms for taking on the challenge. 
I wanted to create something a bit darker to suit rooms lyrics and vocals and started by going for some electronic distorted drums, which then sent me off down a darker chords which just expanded into what would become the string laden chorus and tried to build some tension.
Then I just let go and let rooms do his magic which he duly did in spades, easy.
Mixing was slightly harder and could be improved but ran out of time before holiday but anyway well chuffed with the end product and the reaction, thanks.
 :)
Neil 
songwriter of no repute..

igg

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 06:08:18 PM »
Hi Guys,

I love how we start down that dark descending line right from the beginning....and just keep going....In a strange way, reminiscent of the Moody Blues "We've Already Said Goodbye"...   The density of the images rolling out with the progression ...like an onion being peeled back... Textural,Resonant and thought provoking...Superb!

igg

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 09:50:16 PM »
Love the sound, and the vocals are great (several mentions of Radiohead but I must confess I know nothing by them, did sound a tad Beatles-ish in places). I wish I knew what the lyrics meant - I'm not one for the abstract so am always looking for a story, or a character piece, and I can't extract either from these lyrics. I do like the imagery that you're creating - but what does it mean?

Derek
West Country Country Boy

Flux Identity

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2016, 11:16:59 PM »
Great song. Top production. I wouldn't mind this song on the charts at all.

Dark atmosphere and hypnotic  groove - very much to my liking.

Top three for sure.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2016, 11:06:13 AM »
Hi guys, love this collaboration it brings out your talent! One of the best things I've heard on here, yes it's really good. Don't know what else to say it's great. It does have a radiohead vibe which is great in my book.
Cheers
Jamie

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 01:25:40 PM »
now that s a production.

sounds very unique and "big" - kinda bluesy with some industrial...whatever.
very melodic and just pretty good.

cheers

B

Buc McMaster

• Open Mic
  • Old School.
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 03:11:35 PM »
Lots of texture musically, and pleasingly so to my ear.  I must confess I cannot grasp the lyric.  There's not a recurring concept that lets me put anything together in my head as to what the message might be.  I'm thinking that's by design.......a kind of stream of consciousness thing.  Very well done in all regards but not something I can relate to as a listener.

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 06:52:25 PM »
Interesting write, the music sounds so much Neil. Not! :-)
Some cool progression and vocals sits fine. Personally I could do without the blip. swish and swosh but that is of course a matter of taste and a minor issue. However, the "drums" really disturbs me, but that is just me of course.
Looking past that the chorus is really strong and the verses are not half bad either.
So, yeah, good one, back off on the production a bit and I'm a fan.
Oh, and a bit more bottom end to the mix would probably not hurt either if you ask me.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 12:41:44 AM »
"The jagged man", "long ragged spirit", "desert is more than oil", etc....not that I've experienced it, but this makes me think of a bad LDS trip. It's the kind of thing I'd like to turn up loud and just soak in it. Back when I was in college, anyway. Myself today, that is, back then. Get it???  ;D

Interesting hum at the end.

I have to admit I really don't get it at all, but it doesn't seem to matter. I can enjoy it anyway.

I can't evaluate this; I have no idea how...but I'm pretty sure I like it.   :-*

Vicki

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 02:40:13 PM »
This sounds like something my 17 year old self would have bought in a flash. Love the driving rhythms and the expressionist lyrics. Really original and timeless.

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 07:12:00 PM »

cheers all for the comments folks
very much appreciated ..
huge big thanks to neil for letting me sing and ruminate all over it..
his superb backing track blew me away first time i played it, with that terrific tension from the off..
finding the lyric began with the 'jagged man', blame him for leading me into it and giving me a direction to follow..  im sorry if lyrics didnt suit everyone, i guess its horses for corsets.. 
i found singing on it a real thrill and emotional ..felt like i was there and reporting or observing from a distance or right up close..

hope when neils blown the beach sand off his laptop we'll do another ..

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1