Chordastic and other songwriting apps

• 2 Replies

boolio

• Solo Gig
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:14:47 AM »
Hi All,
Currently I am using Chordastic to get my stuff down 'on paper' It allows you to write lyrics and place the relevant chord in the right place it also allows transposition at a click which is well useful
BUT!
It glitched the other day and for one panicked min I thought I'd lost about 12 songs!! fortunately it sorted itself out however...
I was just wondering what everyone uses program wise to note lyrics/chords and if you think it's any good?
Yeah I know pencil and paper works well  :)
Thanks in advance
Phil
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 10:17:21 AM by boolio »
https://soundcloud.com/user-938884922

Quavers, Crotchets, Doritos. What's the difference?

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »
Hi boolio,

I use 'songwriters pad' on the iPad, it's okay but not great.

It has a record function so you can record audio into the app. A bit cumbersome to use.

It creates 'blocks' such as verse chorus which you type your lyrics into. These can then be dragged around to change the structure if you want.

It has a built in rhyming dictionary, thesaurus and ideas generator but I often find these lacking and not very useful.

Don't think you can add chord symbols in, not sure

Can't remember how much it cost, between £7-£12 I think

Generally better than paper and pen, but not by much.

Yodasdad

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 02:48:02 PM »
ive tried things but always go back to pen & paper
& do you know why? becos i love to doodle when i write lyrics... im sure they help me think & form ideas!
it will be a dead art soon & grandchildren will ask me how do you do those funny things? & i will have to teach them how to hold a biro
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)