konalavadome

Freak (short for Lollipop) . Summer Bare Bones Competition

• 26 Replies

igg

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 06:53:30 PM »
Martyn

Chained by the rhythm I'm narcotized,... while the chaos eats it's way into my brain.....Yeah!....Now that's what I call a refreshing break....Super fun!!

igg

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 07:31:41 AM »
Heh! Wow! WTF!!  :o

A very unexpected sonic soundscape that hit me like something out of space when I was expecting a steam train! Love the groove - very danceable, and trance-inducing. The lyrics are cool and the delivery is great - so much going on. The voices do indeed get inside one's head as if some kind of psychedelic horror-crime movie sound-track has been plugged into one's brain. Love all the instrumentation - there's some gorgeous choppy guitar chords at just the right moment at just the right place in the soundscape.

Great fun!
Derek
West Country Country Boy

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 04:47:03 PM »
Thank you for the kind comments...it defo seems like I should put the pen down and start drooling some more when I write...I am surprised by how well this has gone down. My wife told me it was rubbish  ;D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 04:47:50 PM »
Wimminz?

::)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 08:10:37 AM »
Loving the freaky sounds you've got going on here Martin. Reminds me in some way of some early Talking Heads meets Frank Zappa on acid  :) This is a very inventive piece. Really enjoyed it

John

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 07:53:19 PM »
Hm, I'm sorry but I did not connect with this at all. Guess I'm a little bit too much off a main stream guy to really appreciate this  :(
But then I never got Zappa et. al. either and he and others did pretty well anyway  ;D

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 08:49:43 PM »
Hihi, strange but cool. The beat and bass are perfect.

I just would have wished for more effects on the vocals to make them fit in better with the electronic style (I guess lots of reverb, and whatever it is that those elec people put on their vocal tracks.... ;c) ).

I agree that the "everyone is normal" line was wonderful!

Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 11:23:02 PM »
@John - Thanks for the review! I think I´m banned from the D&T but good to know it´s back up and running!

@Jambrains - thanks for taking the time to listen. You can´t force taste so no problem there, but I don´t think I´ll ever get to Zappa´s level  ;)

@Wolfi - Cheers man, I thought about more effects on the main vox, but didn´t want to overdo it as I already had a strange distorted thing on the backing track. Cheers for the review!

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2016, 08:48:55 PM »
Hi Martyn,

This just made me giggle.
Crackers.
I'd love to see an equally mad video.
Have you been spending time with Tina and CrystalSuzy? ;D

Very cool.

Digger

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 09:18:32 PM »
Okay, I need to have this running full blast at my house on Halloween. Or maybe I should drive around town letting it blare with the windows all open. Still on Halloween, of course.

It's weird. And catchy. And addictive. It really needs all the production, though, so I don't know how I could judge this on "the song" (lyric and melody). Sometimes one just needs to think sideways. Or something.

I like it a lot! Good luck with it!

Vicki

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 10:14:29 AM »
@Digger - thanks man. Glad I made you giggle...that was the important part

@Vicki - thanks for the review! Really glad you like it. The production is there to add to the message so yes, I agree with what you said. Saying that, it also works jamming it on the acoustic as it has a basic chord structure underneath...simply F-Dm for the intro and G-C for the verses, moving up a key for the final bit...I guess it depends on how much you can wack the williy out of your guitar  ;D