konalavadome

June Song of the Month Finalists ....Please vote!!

• 40 Replies

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 10:01:34 AM »

Voted  ;D ;D

All great songs guys.

Good luck..

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 11:38:43 AM »
im sorry if ive broken the rules
I used to be too hung up on the rules of this forum & left here 3 times in a huff over people ignoring forum rules & abusing the hospitality here..
so im trying to be more tolerant this time around & use the rules as a guideline as I think most people do

I would not choose a SOTM song by a flyby poster or attention seeker who has got his songs on lots of forums & doesnt join in here ….(like martyn did last month bcos he didnt know)..& thats what the rule is about isnt it?

I checked out the guy whos song is the problem before I chose his song & hes not on other forums ...he only posts here ..he reviews my songs...so this is plainly his forum & I wanted to encourage him to join in more as I love his songs
so as im running the competition  & have a bit more say than normal I decided it would be ok?

I hope this doesnt mean ive got to abandon my thrilling new scoring system ive been working on the past few days  ;D
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2016, 12:24:02 PM »
It's a tricky job Tina, and you've got my full support. :)

There is no point in the competition if it doesn't support the forum community I think, and I guess the rules are intended to do that. I liked the notion that you need to have voted in the competion to qualify as the winner. Maybe if we had a longer shortlist and potential winners had to listen to, comment on and vote to qualify it encourages people to be active in the forum.

Just a suggestion for discussion. Maybe we need a whole new section of the forum for rules and regulations (only joking  :P)

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2016, 12:52:23 PM »
Absolutely Tina, it's your competition. The choices are great so there's no problem there. Personally I think we may all get uppity about it because we know it's probably our only chance at musical success  ;D ;D ;D

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 01:18:49 PM »
I liked the notion that you need to have voted in the competion to qualify as the winner.

yes tom that is a good idea that you have to vote in a competition to take part in it!
I did a christmas competition here some years ago & we had like 30 entries I think!
i decided I would have that rule & it gave me wonderful pleasure to publicly kick out all the songs by people who couldnt be bothered to vote & expose them to the community!  ;D
...but im not evil like that anymore  ;D

Doodles

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Page
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2016, 01:29:18 PM »
Voted,

some very worthy tunes.

Ben

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 04:08:09 PM »
The Moving Mouse clicks;
and, having clicked,
Moves on...

Thanks for the nomination!
Some good tunes to be heard for sure.
I have duly voted and encourage others to do so forthwith  ;D.

Paul

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 09:02:59 PM »
martyn i was going to announce the winners on the 15th as its the middle of the month... but i was just guessing thats the way its done?

16 people have voted & ive only had one in the last few days so im guessing thats about it

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 10:46:49 PM »
oh dear.. im ever so sorry I didnt get in till 9pm tonight so I didnt get the bpm of the winning song till then to do my dj mix of it ….so it didnt work … ...it was harder than I thought ..i hate doing things shoddy
so ive had to come up with other prizes quick

heres the winners to the June SOTM

FIRST PLACE is BINLADEDA & PAULSKI
they win a chance to play the EURO GUITAR ...it  points slightly downwards but it is electric ...you can tune it in portugal ...do the intonation in poland ….strum it in germeny & adjust the volume in some country near greece

2ND PLACE is TOM BOSWELL
he wins these imaginary musical instruments that come with flight cases

3rd Place is DELBOY who wins this beautiful old cat organ...invented by Pavlov when he tired of dogs

congratulations to the winners & to 2nd & 3rd places
one person whos song was nominated didnt vote despite me pming him ...so that was very disapointing
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:48:45 PM by tinam »

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2016, 12:13:49 AM »
Well done to all the winners and thanks to Tina for running the comp. Don´t give away your guitar though, you need it (although you´ll probably need a Visa to play it very soon  ;D)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 12:49:01 AM »
Congratulations to the winners! Well-deserved honor! :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2016, 12:50:51 AM »
Nice one guys and congratulations to paulski and bin AND all the nominees. Frig, Tina where did you get all those fab prizes from ?

Keep those amazing songs coming.

Love Pompeyjazz  :)