Playboy Bunny (Bare bones comp entry!)

• 31 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 04:15:12 AM »
Enjoyed this one Adam. I can tell you are having fun with it and that enjoyment is infectuous ;) A couple of chord progs lost me a bit but could be I'm just not up on my jazz progs.

Good luck - you prob don't need it with this fine entry :)
Paul

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »
Original idea and clever approach to the bare bones idea. Some clever lyrical lines but the rhyming scheme was too loose for my taste and melodically it lacked interest. Good to hear some jazz chords on here. This didn't really do it for me as I guess it's not the sort of music I would listen to.

M

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 04:54:27 PM »
If there was a competition for most clickable song title you may have it sown up already  ;D

Nice jazzy feel and I like the spacey, minimal feel of it...fun lyrics and a fun song to listen to listen to. I always like songs with a talking section...I think it fits really well. I also like the ambition of you thinking you can match up to what Mr Hefner has to offer. I canĀ“t believe you saw this in Granada though.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 03:08:23 PM »
Thanks everyone for great comments. If the competition was meant to make us write songs about things and in styles we don't normally, then I'm probably the example!

- Shadowfax - thanks man, proper jazzers would probably have a fit over some of those chords, though!

- skogge - I think the similarity between the sections is well spotted and something I have a tendency to fall into (which is probably why I like totally different middle 8s etc.). Glad you found it catchy though! Many thanks.

- Boydie - many thanks - I think fun is what this one is all about.

- Paulski - progressions are a bit mixed it's true (verse is supposed to be based on the rhythm changes and chorus on ii-V-I). Thanks for the encouragement!

- Monty - thanks for listening - definitely take the point re the melody, ie that it could be more adventurous (though probably will be a long time before I attempt anything so jazz-like again!)

- Martyn - made you click ;-) I was a bit wary of the faux rap bit but liked it and thanks for supporting me on that! Granada has an underworld of untold stories...

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 03:35:44 PM »
Very cute. My only nit you've probably heard before--my pet peeve: pronounciations like donchew, wonchew...in this case "gotchew in" and "gotchew out". But that's something that doesn't bother a lot people, so maybe I'm too picky....

Anyway, I think it's a really cute song and I love the chord progression and delivery of the whole thing.

Vicki

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 05:18:09 PM »

love the quirky jazz feel kind of oddball and suits the story..
and always enjoy your lyrics
its like a clever neil innes demo before he adds the bonzos or the rutles.
a mischievous smile on its face..

good luck in the comp
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Day2Take1

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 01:19:52 AM »
Made me laugh out loud.  I loved the lyrics  and the jazz chords.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 10:24:18 AM »
Hi Adam,

This put a smile on my face.
Different, and engaging.
Great idea for the lyrics - well delivered.,

Digger

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 02:38:06 PM »
Adam,
i enjoyed listening to this. I think others have said what i heard and thought neat jazzy chords, some neat lyrics. Although a tad hard to get to know the character fully and i think a fuller arrangement would have allowed you to be a bit more melodically adventurous and different the elements of the song.
But that said bare bones it said and bare bones is was so well done for being so brave and doing it live.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 09:51:32 AM »
Hey Adam,

I'm very late to the party on this one...in fact it looks like everyone's left! I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this.I really like the pay off line "You're a playboy bunny with a baby seat in your car." It just sings really well with all those "b's",it creates a nice rhythm.Well done mate and good luck in the comp!

Leo  ;D

AdamHarkus

• Open Mic
    • The Blogging Musician
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 08:54:26 PM »
Hi Adam.

Really enjoyed this light-hearted jazzy number with clever, saucy lyrics.

Interesting chord progressions and an unsuspected Middle-8 was the highlight for me. Couldn't help thinking there wasn't enough contrast between the verse and choruses but after a couple of listens I stopped caring about that.

It's just a lot of fun

The Blogging Musician @ https://adamharkus.com

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 08:48:51 AM »
Loved the lyrics! Musically I guess it not my prefered genre but to these untrained ears it sound like the real deal. Oddly, in some of the phrases during the break you actually sound a bit like Eminem!  ???

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 09:13:44 AM »
Hi Adam, some nice jazzy chords and an infectious lyric with some clever lines. Agree with other comments about building a more complete arrangement, but a good 'bare bones' entry IMHO!
Cheers
Jamie

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »
Great lyrics..you really come up with some unusual lyrics my friend...excellent!!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

igg

• Solo Gig
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 06:00:11 PM »
Moving through the entries......

Really enjoyed the story.....served over a nice jazzy groove....well done, Adam ....

cheers,
igg