konalavadome

Did you enjoy your Brexit this morning?

• 54 Replies

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 10:30:46 PM »
As the vast majority of the biggest companies in Britain, including the banks we've bailed out, wanted to remain in the EU they will try and do what they can to reverse or ignore the vote. After all to them our votes don't count.

They need Boris to go back to his original position of remaining in the EU and for Corbyn to be removed as Labour leader.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2016, 09:44:56 PM »
This just flew out of me last Saturday, still livid from the result...just had chance to "bare bones" it.

https://soundcloud.com/t-j-boswell/promises-of-deliverance/s-8vQip

Anyone else expressing themselves through song about this?

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2016, 09:55:37 PM »
Good song chap! Heart felt I think...... I'm afraid too many believed them.... And then the one who got us into it walked away.unbelievable.
Jamie

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2016, 11:21:36 PM »
I get the information on which I base my decisions from a variety of sources...politicians mouths aren't one of them...

I'd absolutely vote "leave" again...I have no regrets whatsoever.

I'd perhaps be livid if the will of the British people - having been asked for their opinion - is ignored.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2016, 11:45:34 PM »
Well Monsieur Boswell. You sure have nailed another killer tune. Love the raw arrangement and harmonica is fantastic.Must practice mine.

Cheers John

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2016, 11:51:06 PM »
I get the information on which I base my decisions from a variety of sources...politicians mouths aren't one of them...

I'd absolutely vote "leave" again...I have no regrets whatsoever.

I'd perhaps be livid if the will of the British people - having been asked for their opinion - is ignored.

Fair enough Paul, all I'm saying is that them guys who ran the campaign to leave lied a lot. We might be ok but we are not getting what they promised.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2016, 12:10:35 AM »
I don't recall many specifics from the campaigns...it'd all get terribly pedantic anyway...is "let's spend that £350 million on the NHS" actually a promise anyway? By a motley collection of individuals who don't have a party and can't form a government to carry out any "promises"...

Your point is a completely fair one...I just baulk at the idea of taking Cameron and Osborne's word over anybody else's...if "brexit" was such a bad idea then it was an appalling act of folly to jeopardise the country's future for a short term political gain by giving the public a chance to vote on it...and then failing to convince them of the "remain" case.

And having the referendum at a time when trust in politicians and the establishment is at an all-time low was asking for a kick in the knackers...

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2016, 09:00:27 AM »
I can only agree with you Paul, it's been a farce. I certainly don't agree with Cameron and Osborne but that doesn't mean what they campaigned for was wrong. Just makes it harder to vote with the scum.

It seems the country it giving 2 fingers to the political class...I just worry that the political class just see it as an opportunity and will use it to drag us all down with em'

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2016, 11:02:25 AM »
"It seems the country it giving 2 fingers to the political class...I just worry that the political class just see it as an opportunity and will use it to drag us all down with em'"

Couldn't agree more. They don't like their self-serving, gravy train being derailed.
Whether we end up leaving, or somehow staying in the EU - I'm past caring. But hopefully, the whole episode will have sent shock waves throughout politics, home and abroad, and hopefully politicians will start listening to what people actually say and feel, rather than just spouting any old guff that they think will keep them in power.