WHEN

• 30 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« on: June 23, 2016, 05:45:54 AM »
Hi all........I have another 1+1 that I hope to hear your thoughts on.......and, as usual, your first impressions are most welcome  ;D
Thanks, in advance.
                                          -Tom

"When?"

by Tom Tognaci

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12921250

When …will I love again?
Have a song again?
In my heart again?
When …will I live again?
And dare to breathe it in

Well, I’ll know…yes, I’ll know
The sound of trumpets…. when they blow
I’ll know…yes, I’ll know
When that music rises…. in my soul

When? To be loved, again
To be whole again
Like I once was then
When…..will I fly again?
…and dare to trust the winds?

Well, I’ll know…yes, I’ll know
When the winds of change….. begin their blow
I’ll know…yes, I’ll know
That restless stir lifting my soul

When …will I love again?
Have a song again?
In my heart again?
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Oldbutyet

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:25:33 PM »
Hey Man i really like this spaghetti western style sound track, everything about this sound great and that whistling, the good the bad and the ugly, the only think that missing is your horse but i really like this.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 02:51:40 PM »
What's going on round here? This forum now contains more whistling than face-melting guitar solos!  :D

Really liked the classic folk-rock vibe here and real passion coming through in the vocal. Guitar rose and fell with it really nicely. I couldn't make up my mind about the ending - it seemed to slightly peter out but then that is also quite fitting in some ways for the subject...

Nice work.

Bad Jeans

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 08:55:59 PM »
Nice guitar work. And beautiful harmonies. Kept nice and small .

But would also work well with band.

Lovely song.

BdK

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »
Anything with a whistling solo gets my vote!

I get the spaghetti western thing as well and I like it very much.
Not much I can say other than very nicely done, sir!

Tom.

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 07:33:32 PM »
Very impressive. Lovely guitar and vocal. Has a nice sixties / early seventies feel to it - yep, the Western thing, I get that - but it also reminds me of many a song from movies from that era (in a very good way). Really liked it! More 1+1 please.
West Country Country Boy

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 10:04:50 PM »
As good as anything I've heard recently. Good song,emotive and well performed.

Result.  :)

Edit...I dunno why everyone doesn't use soundcloud to build up a picture of likes and whatever. This soundclick format seems kinda isolated and disconnected.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:07:20 PM by Skub »

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 07:01:01 AM »
Hey Man i really like this spaghetti western style sound track, everything about this sound great and that whistling, the good the bad and the ugly, the only think that missing is your horse but i really like this.

Hi Oldbutyet.......thanks for kicking off a great review. And thanks for taking the time to listen. I didn't intend this to sound SW......It was while I was recording this, that I thought the song needed more....the whistle started off as just a track filler, until something more monumental presented itself. Most everyone seems to like it....I like it.......but until something better comes around, I guess I'll keep the whistle  :-*

What's going on round here? This forum now contains more whistling than face-melting guitar solos!  :D

Really liked the classic folk-rock vibe here and real passion coming through in the vocal. Guitar rose and fell with it really nicely. I couldn't make up my mind about the ending - it seemed to slightly peter out but then that is also quite fitting in some ways for the subject...

Nice work.

Hi Adam, and thanks for stopping by. I never was one for face melting guitar solos (absolutely love to listen to those who can) but, I can whistle a tune, as long as the tin can is close  :)
I wanted the ending to be rather abrupt.........I do have another version that actually drops the other shoe at the ending, thanks again!!

Nice guitar work. And beautiful harmonies. Kept nice and small .

But would also work well with band.

Lovely song.

BdK

Thanks Bad Jeans for the encouragement........and for listening!  ;D

Thanks everyone!!
                                            -Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 07:11:20 AM »
Anything with a whistling solo gets my vote!

I get the spaghetti western thing as well and I like it very much.
Not much I can say other than very nicely done, sir!

Tom.

Thanks Tom....it's always nice to see you!

Very impressive. Lovely guitar and vocal. Has a nice sixties / early seventies feel to it - yep, the Western thing, I get that - but it also reminds me of many a song from movies from that era (in a very good way). Really liked it! More 1+1 please.

Hey there delb0y........nice to see you, as well. Thanks for the kind words!

As good as anything I've heard recently. Good song,emotive and well performed.

Result.  :)

Edit...I dunno why everyone doesn't use soundcloud to build up a picture of likes and whatever. This soundclick format seems kinda isolated and disconnected.

Thanks Skub.........as far as Soundclick, it's where I started  8) When I discovered that I could upload my music, I bought the Boss micro br-4 and began to try my hand with recording.
What's really fun is seeing where our tunes end up on the Music charts. My best performing song made #3 on the ROCK chart, while ranking #1 on the FOLK / ROCK chart. Doesn't mean anything....but, I can always dream ;)

Thanks all!!
                                 -Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 12:15:26 AM »
 Hi Tom. When I hear a song like this it makes me feel pretty inadequate with what I am knocking out. Beautiful song as it is but can also imagine how it would sound with lush production, strings, and all that sort of stuff. Effing excellent man

Dimitris

• Busker
  • ...Remember: Shows go on! It's what they do!
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 09:52:20 AM »
Excellent!

I like that you kept it simple, just a guitar and your voice - I wouldn't over-instrument it. I think it works fine as it is. And the whistling was gret too!

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 04:59:49 PM »

Thanks Skub.........as far as Soundclick, it's where I started  8) When I discovered that I could upload my music, I bought the Boss micro br-4 and began to try my hand with recording.
What's really fun is seeing where our tunes end up on the Music charts. My best performing song made #3 on the ROCK chart, while ranking #1 on the FOLK / ROCK chart. Doesn't mean anything....but, I can always dream ;)

You made NUMBER ONE!!  ;D  I've reached the dizzy heights of #2 in Jump Blues and #3 in Americana (or maybe the other way round). Longing for a number 1 just so I can take a screenshot... Although I suspect that about 7 plays on each songs has been enough to get to those respective positions.
West Country Country Boy

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 06:59:12 PM »
this is fabulous tom you have such a great gift for melodies ...i loved the way it goes from soft to loud  with lots of emotion & then back ...it realy gives the lyric power
 & the spagheti western whistling bit was terrific  ..i realy expected a load of shooting & sweaty cowboys!

all these songs are like 2 years old.. have you given up doing new stuff?
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 08:46:51 PM »
Tom

definitely Spaghetti Western and that whistling complements the raw guitar very well.

Another great ballad.....marvellous production.

Sandeep

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 04:03:14 AM »
Hi Tom. When I hear a song like this it makes me feel pretty inadequate with what I am knocking out. Beautiful song as it is but can also imagine how it would sound with lush production, strings, and all that sort of stuff. Effing excellent man

Hi pompeyjazz.......with such a glowing review, who needs a stage and audience  ;D
Thanks for the most generous encouragement. And I do have another version.....one, such as you speak 8)    Thanks, again!

Excellent!

I like that you kept it simple, just a guitar and your voice - I wouldn't over-instrument it. I think it works fine as it is. And the whistling was gret too!

Thanks Dimitris......your listening and commenting is much appreciated. I'm glad you like my song  ;D

You made NUMBER ONE!!  ;D  I've reached the dizzy heights of #2 in Jump Blues and #3 in Americana (or maybe the other way round). Longing for a number 1 just so I can take a screenshot... Although I suspect that about 7 plays on each songs has been enough to get to those respective positions.

Hi delb0y.............yea...I've had sixteen of my songs rank #1 in Folk / Rock chart, while simultaneously one of those ranking #3, and four of those ranking #4 in Rock Chart. :o

I'm still getting up at 3 am to get myself to work :'(      :P ;D    8)

this is fabulous tom you have such a great gift for melodies ...i loved the way it goes from soft to loud  with lots of emotion & then back ...it realy gives the lyric power
 & the spagheti western whistling bit was terrific  ..i realy expected a load of shooting & sweaty cowboys!

all these songs are like 2 years old.. have you given up doing new stuff?

Thanks for listening and commenting, Tina.........it means loads!

My latest recording is:  http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13205718

But, I've been writing steadily (about 10 tunes a year).......I am just having trouble finding the time and energy with recording my songs........the new job is very demanding......and very worth my added attention.
I don't know if I'm able to, anymore............seems kinda pointless, now-a-days.

Tom

definitely Spaghetti Western and that whistling complements the raw guitar very well.

Another great ballad.....marvellous production.

Sandeep

Thanks MF..........it is so nice to hear, when someone like my songs!

Thanks, everyone!!
                                                 8)-Tom

-IronKnee