Indigo Violet Dances at the Rainbow Room

• 25 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: June 21, 2016, 09:40:29 PM »
this is another of my theatrical instrumentals ….read the micro story ...then click on the link  please ..
you will need your imagination on a medium setting :)

Legendary guitar playing  burlesque dancer Indigo Violet performed at the Rainbow Room during the Blitz.... not even Hitler could stop her tho he tried!
during one air raid she carried on her act even when the theatre took a direct hit & she lost 3 guitar strings!

Some times I like to try & make up my own guitar style ….sorry about that!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:48:19 AM by tinam »
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 03:44:17 AM »
Yup... The show must go on......

I admire Miss Violet getting the job done under such trying circumstances.  When I play all I normally have to do is avoid the flying bottles and rotten fruit. Bombs would be a whole new kettle of fish. Great that she got the crowd involved and chants for more.

Not surprising though, as this was a good guitar piece. Would stand up nicely with or without the generous backing of sound effects.  Maybe a little more mainstream than your normal offering?

I like a lot and am going for another listen now.

Allan.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 08:37:53 AM »
Hi Tina, shame we didn't see the dance that went with the piece! Frantic, energetic, adrenaline fuelled, deranged, crazy, just a few of the adjectives I'd use to describe your style :o. Sounds like it could have been from a 60's mothers album.
Good stuff, but Bonkers!
Cheers
Jamie

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 04:03:50 PM »
Hi Tina,

Another beautifully bonkers piece.
Love when the tempo quickens around 1.54.
I think the humour masks the actually talent that is needed for your creations.
Love it.

Digger

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 09:21:55 PM »
Tina,

Not only great Music, but a history lesson too.

You conveyed her determination to stay on the stage with the relentless the excellent guitar playing.

Loved the guitar tune, had that 60s movies feel about it.

Running out of superlatives.

Sandeep

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 08:30:50 AM »
Another feast of textures and production. There's actually something jazzy about the departures, variations, time changes here. There's a daily programme on public radio in Spain dedicated to surf/punk stuff (commercial radio cannot do this!) where yours would be totally in place.

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 11:36:11 AM »
What a great story and the music tells it so well. Were they doing Surf Rock in the 40s?  :P

Sounds like a great excuse to do a 3 string solo, did you cut the other 3 off your guitar?

Joyous listening as ever  :)

Tom.

Bad Jeans

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 05:11:06 PM »
Great job . A lot of work I think. Music with a humorous touch. Catchy on many occasions.
Very nice to see how much diversity there is , between the composers.

Very entertaining to listen to!

Greetz,

Bad Jeans ( BdK )

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 06:41:26 PM »
I love what you do. The brief story, cool image, and wild playing. All the special effects and the humour and the superb playing. I look forward to each and every one of your songs  - but they're more than songs. These are events.

This sounds great, but I must admit I don't think it's coming across on the laptop speakers very well. I will dig out some headphones and listen again.

EDIT: Okay, I'm back now. Listening on headphones and there are about a zillion things I never heard the first time round. Love it. I love the false harmonics you squeeze out of your guitars. Wonderful. If you ever find the answer of making something sound good on headphones and on a laptop let me know because I struggle with it, too.

Cheers
Derek
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:45:51 PM by delb0y »
West Country Country Boy

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 07:00:07 PM »
Tina,you are a legend!! I love how your mind works! What I love about this track other than the awesome title and the great playing and all that jazz...is that you totally told the story without any words!!! It was a very visual experience.Wish I could do that!  A bit of a clever clogs aren't ya!

Very cool and well done
Leo  ;D

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 07:01:21 PM »
Loved this, mad but excellent guitar work and a very 60's sorta go go feel about it (for me anyway)
nicely put together..not easy doing this stuff....off the radar original!! again!! bravo!! :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 09:44:53 PM »
When I post my 'songs' here I am confident about them...but it only takes a couple of lukewarm reviews & my confidence has gone & im thinking omg its rubbish why did I post it!
but then I get some great reviews & im thinking it is good after all  i was right!...is anybody else like this?

I know what I do is not everyones idea of a song & its difficult wanting to do something different but wanting everyone to like it at the same time
anyway thank you all for listening to my oddities & thank you so much to the majority who are so supportive & see the effort to be creative in these 'not quite songs' I produce... you are very kind  :)

derek I think that was one of the nicest compliments ive had saying they are 'events'
I like that description a  lot :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 10:22:41 PM »
Tina,

I haven't seen anything of yours I don't like so far. Your pieces exhibit such enthusiasm, energy, and passion--I couldn't not like them (and that was a correct usage of a double negative!). It's more than that. It's like you have this geyser or volcano or something inside and it just comes bursting and bubbling out. I love it.  ;D

Vicki

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 09:39:34 AM »
Interesting stuff, Tina...............love the dirty guitar. Very cool! I also like the production.
Pretty cool stuff!
                                       8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 09:24:17 AM »

Hi Tina  ;D ;D

You're an irresistible force of nature......

You make it sound so easy.  To a lot of folk
 your gtr playing may sound mad and crazy,
 but for me it's more like 'controlled expression'. ;D
 Something that aint easy to play/deliver and
 structure the way you do.  The package is always
 complete, and a joy to behold ;D ;D

Love the direction your stuff is going, and really
 pleased your sharing your journey with us ;D

Loved it.....and you x :-*x

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran