My Aunt Rosie

• 7 Replies

Oldbutyet

« on: June 20, 2016, 01:15:34 AM »
Hi All

Another old lyric i wrote years back freedom of thoughts will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

https://soundcloud.com/user-955135668/my-aunt-rosie

My Aunt Rosie

I dreamt i walk through heaven
Overwhelming feeling of peace
I talked to a woman
I haven't seen in years
Rosie you're looking great

My heart it ached when you pass away
A sadness I felt deep inside
For Ill always believe if i was with you
Then death would have pass you by would have pass you by

Rosie and I we talked for a while
Her words they comfort my mind
And then she whispers
"tell your mum her sister she doing find she doing fine"

Rosie I dreamt of heaven many times before
But now that i have seen you
My heart will ache no more
Will ache no more

Rosie she gently close my eyes and a dream she became
But i will never forget that dream for Rosie
You where looking great

© copyright house all rights reserved

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 01:35:44 PM »
i read the lyric pat & for some reason expected a happier song ..probably from the line 'rosie youre looking great'
anyway you sound like leonard o'cohen here ;D
i have aunts & uncles i miss dreadfully but this had a suggestion you could have saved  her from dying which added a real sad & sombre quality
anyway its a very touching & lovely song about a special person & i felt it  :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 08:16:39 PM »
The song is produced and sung well, and the guitar adds a raw feel to the song.

Personally I just felt the song was too slow and dragged in places.

The tone was at one level, I think that you should have varied it a bit more.

The song has potential, I think a violin accompaniment would work week with the song?

Sandeep

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 08:52:32 AM »
Very interesting concept for a song. I like the fact that really it's not all about sadness but also about "closure" (don't really like that word but still).

It's an atmospheric arrangement and your voice works well. It might be a little relentless - I tend to agree that an additional soft instrument later on or even a contemplative guitar solo might add something.

But I do like an original and thought-provoking song and this is one.

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:48 AM »
It is a nice concept and the song delivered on it for me, it has a dream like feel to it with the repetition and delivery adding to that.

Lyrically it has a little too much direct "I felt this way, I felt that way" stuff for me. I prefer to have feelings expressed by action and places described in the songs and find direct expressions of feeling a little obvious.

Still I enjoyed it and it summons up the right pictures and emotions.

Tom.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 02:07:10 AM »
Hey there OBY...........I like your style.
Very interesting. I think the song needs a bigger production. I'm thinking along the lines of what Bob Dylan might do.
good song....but subtle.......
                                                         8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Oldbutyet

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 08:14:15 PM »
i read the lyric pat & for some reason expected a happier song ..probably from the line 'rosie youre looking great'
anyway you sound like leonard o'cohen here ;D
i have aunts & uncles i miss dreadfully but this had a suggestion you could have saved  her from dying which added a real sad & sombre quality
anyway its a very touching & lovely song about a special person & i felt it  :)

Hi Tina thanks for your thoughts on this, those lines "For Ill always believe if i was with you, then death would have pass you by"  i wrote this song years back and those lines felt right for the way i wanted to go with this, Rosie lived in London she went over there in the fifties from Ireland and every time she came home which was nearly every year she would stay with us (my parents) she never had kids of her own, anyway cut a long story short when i was about 16/17 i lived with Rosie and then after about a year she surprise me with two return tickets back home to Ireland, when i got home i realize i didn't want to go back to London, Rosie took it okay and she went back on her own but a few months later we got the sad news that she died, we took her home to Ireland and lay her to rest in the old family grave where her parents is bury, my uncle (Rosie brother) who also lived in London told me she wasn't the same when she return she miss haven't me around, years later when writing this song i didn't really have to think to much about what lyric lines to write, they kind of wrote themselves, really please you liked this.

The song is produced and sung well, and the guitar adds a raw feel to the song.

Personally I just felt the song was too slow and dragged in places.

The tone was at one level, I think that you should have varied it a bit more.

The song has potential, I think a violin accompaniment would work week with the song?

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep yeah i understand what you're saying i too think with other instruments coming in would definitely help this song, i left out the chorus which was just repeating the lines "rosie you're looking great" but it was the flow of the moment that made that decision, thanks for your thoughts on this.

Very interesting concept for a song. I like the fact that really it's not all about sadness but also about "closure" (don't really like that word but still).

It's an atmospheric arrangement and your voice works well. It might be a little relentless - I tend to agree that an additional soft instrument later on or even a contemplative guitar solo might add something.

But I do like an original and thought-provoking song and this is one.

Thanks Adam, one of the reason why i never recorded this song before and a few more old lyrics that i have is, vocals and guitar never really sounds as if they want to record them until that moment comes when i think, yeah lets try it this way, still a few more to record   ;D   ;D

It is a nice concept and the song delivered on it for me, it has a dream like feel to it with the repetition and delivery adding to that.

Lyrically it has a little too much direct "I felt this way, I felt that way" stuff for me. I prefer to have feelings expressed by action and places described in the songs and find direct expressions of feeling a little obvious.

Still I enjoyed it and it summons up the right pictures and emotions.

Tom.

Thanks Tom, when i was writing songs years back i always had these weird dreams but this one was really nice which made me feel good when writing this song, really glad you liked it.

Hey there OBY...........I like your style.
Very interesting. I think the song needs a bigger production. I'm thinking along the lines of what Bob Dylan might do.
good song....but subtle.......
                                                         8)-Tom

Hey Tom i like your thoughts on this and ill certainly listen to any thoughts Bob might have on this, if i can arrange that ill give you a call, you bring your guitar and ill bring the beers  ;D  ;D  thanks Tom.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 10:47:38 PM »
Songs from the heart and songs written about 'what you know' always have legs and a life of their own.

A musing,peat-laden whiskey incantation.

Ta for the listen OBY.  8)