Roulette In The Rain

• 22 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 09:36:21 AM »
Hey! How did I miss this one! 8)
Another lovely singer / songwriter piece. You are exactly the kind of musician that I would love to get with to muse some ideas, and to write some songs  :D
Love your stuff!
                                     8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 03:30:21 PM »
Not much to add - great singing, guitar playing (love those hammer-ons  ;D).
Great story line. Did I mention this was great? :)
Paul

Bad Jeans

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 04:42:29 PM »

Nice song. And great sounding guitar part .

Whispering might  work better if it's done by a choir I think. Personally, a bit long. Difficult for me to keep my focus on the song . But that says more about me I guess  :D :D But good voice, good vibe. Would work very well in a band arrangement. I hear all sorts of possibilities . Well done. Lovely song.

Greetz.

BdK

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 12:06:01 AM »
Shite ! Del, Sorry I  missed this one,have been away. One of your best for me. Just something about the song that really gets you. Cheers John

Dimitris

• Busker
  • ...Remember: Shows go on! It's what they do!
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 10:20:04 AM »
You make it all look and sound so easy. Confident delivery, great playing and a good title. Stands up well as a guitar and vocal piece supported by strong storytelling lyrics. Very accomplished song and performance.

Totally agree...

My only suggestion would be that after the story gets told, and you start repeating the "chorus" (like 3:00 and after that) you could try leting yourself go - put more drama, sharper dynamics, variate the melodic line more: You know, climax!  Your confidence and the way it looks too easy for you to sing this makes me think that you have much more possibilities and vocal range than you let us see with this one. I can understand that keeping it simple and smooth to the end is an artistic dessicion you made, but why not push yourself more to the limit?

Just a thought... I'm not really an expert with this kind of songs 

All the best 

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 11:35:07 AM »
Not sure how I missed this one, really atmospheric storytelling Del!

The title is a winner and I love the way you whisper it at times, proper delivery of the song not just playing it  :)

Like the minor chord finish as well, suits it very well.

I could hear Bruce or Johnny Cash singing this one, it's got that timeless feel.

Great stuff  :)

Tom.

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »
Thanks guys - much appreciated  :)

Dimitri - I'm glad I made it look easy but right there, that is my vocal range!  :-\

Regards
Derek
West Country Country Boy

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2016, 01:07:52 AM »
I like this song, Delboy, heard it through the comp because I´ve been away for a while. I watched the vid this time as well and could see you enjoying yourself. The verse is really good, although I´m not 100% on the repeated whispering, but I love the rest of it. The lyrics are excellent and thoughtful as well.

I thought maybe the chorus could lift a little more but to be honest, I don´t have any suggestions. Maybe you could resolve to a different chord at the end? Anyway, it´s very, very nice and has a really good feel to it.