konalavadome

Distant Hope

• 20 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 02:13:21 PM »
Hi Kevin, great vocal and melody as usual. Stylistically the first half wasn't my cup of tea, maybe a bit too poppy/euro, but enjoyed the second half much more. I guess it's a personal view I usually like your arrangement choices ???. Nice production too.
Good stuff!

As an aside do I recall you saying some time ago that you were from Yorkshire? Yorkshire=blunt  :o just sayin'
Cheers
Jamie ;D

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 04:12:57 PM »
Ah yes, that magical combination of your lovely voice, unerring melodic gift and superb production and arrangement skills. What is there not to like?

That string section half way through before the drums came in was gorgeous and then it lifted up another gear. It has real emotional impact and that is very difficult to achieve.

Bloody lovely stuff indeed.

M

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 02:55:45 PM »
I like the daringness of this - different structures and instumental balances from the norm. The repeated lines sound a bit like a pre-chorus and the verse has a more chorus like feel to it (really enjoyed the melody and the acceleration there).
Nice one, very original I think.

Doodles

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Page
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 08:24:02 AM »
This is great Kevin. It didn't grab me in the first couple of listens, but appreciate it so much more with familiarity. Builds subtly and steadily and improves as the song goes on. I love the synth strings. It feels very poised and patient and in places it borders on the majestic.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 11:21:53 AM »
My thanks to you all for the encouraging comments.. :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 09:02:07 PM »
Great song Kevin...love your voice, makes the song very emotive.

Very Europop, I like the second half most of all.

Well done

Sandeep