konalavadome

Helena writes lyrics in her sleep.

• 19 Replies

Doodles

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Page
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 11:05:02 AM »
Hi Helena,

Welcome to the forum. I would just like to say how detailed and well considered your feedback is. If you carry on in that vein you will win a lot of friends on here.

I look forward to hearing some of your music.

Ben

Helena4

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 11:10:41 AM »
Hello, Boydie.

Yes, I may try looking for collaboraters here. I'm just trying to spark some intrest in myself by starting some discussion over my lyrics first. Strategic.

I have a good friend with similar music taste who I would love to work on my songs with. The fake name I gave her is Zoe... if you've read my "Vodka" post you can see why that might be awkward. I did not always consider her a good friend. I have songs talking about her both overly fondly and very very bitterly. So, although we've become closer after I lost my long-time friend and songwriting buddy, I'm not seeing that working out. I will have to try and find a new songwriting friend as you suggested.

I do hope I am able to find some band mates.
In her kiss, I taste the revolution...
I am a rebel girl.

Helena4

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 06:13:19 PM »
Hi Helena,

Welcome to the forum. I would just like to say how detailed and well considered your feedback is. If you carry on in that vein you will win a lot of friends on here.

I look forward to hearing some of your music.

Ben

Woops, I completely missed this. Sorry, Doodles. Thank you for your comments about my feedback. I do try to be detailed when I can. I want to help out. Thanks for reading my lyrics today btw.
I am a rebel girl.

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 10:11:12 AM »
Welcome to the forum Helena. You come across as a breath of fresh air with your comments ( and that's a good thang ).

I have read a couple of your lyrics, not commented yet, but it will happen. I like what I read, however they have a far more modern feel to them than what I write or listen to ( that doesn't mean its bad or even that I don't like it, its just not sitting with my style or comfort zone......yet.... )

Cant wait to hear your musical input as that usually changes things right around.

Welcome along and have fun.

Allan.

Helena4

• Open Mic
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 10:56:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum Helena. You come across as a breath of fresh air with your comments ( and that's a good thang ).

I have read a couple of your lyrics, not commented yet, but it will happen. I like what I read, however they have a far more modern feel to them than what I write or listen to ( that doesn't mean its bad or even that I don't like it, its just not sitting with my style or comfort zone......yet.... )

Cant wait to hear your musical input as that usually changes things right around.

Welcome along and have fun.

Allan.

I'm getting such a stream of compliments about my comments here, thanks, Allan.

I have plenty of pretty old influences tbh. As I've said in my posts, I keep listening to lots of Joy Division and Smiths recently. Not thaaaat old, but not exactly modern, definitely older than me. But yes, I am attempting modern relevant twists on things sometimes, particularly my Vodka song. Very little that I write is in a straight classic singer songwriter type tone, I usually throw those things out becuase I want to mix things up and create something different. Tbh I just listen to such a huge range of genres and ages of songs I'm not sure what to call my influences. I listed a few fav artists here but I constantly feel like that list is missing a lot haha.

It'll probably be a while till I record anything. Don't even own a microphone. I'm applying for summer jobs.
I am a rebel girl.