konalavadome

Never Too Late

• 24 Replies

danieltrigger

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 04:20:34 PM »
In my view, this track has really great potential. I thought the slight distortion on the vocal (and most of the other instruments) was a good move, and the whole thing had a really enjoyable vibe.

I agree with most of the comments that the vocals weren't bad, and could be developed to suit the final cut of the track. It seemed to my ears that the vocal note selection on the first lines of the verses was a stumbling block, may be worth reviewing the melody a bit there. Maybe.

As you said, the long fade was a mistake, so no criticism there, it didn't work for me personally.

But overall, like wot I sed at the start, this is a track worth persevering with, as I think it has excellent potential, and should appeal to a wide audience!

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 08:12:26 PM »
Thank you all for your very kind comments. They make a mid - life crisis so much easier to cope with. I will correct the fade out because although some people say they like it, it wasn't what I wanted and I think the instrumentation works better as I made it. It'll have to wait il I get back from holiday though. I'll try and make some reviews while away. Thanks to all!

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 06:26:32 AM »
Very cool song, Marty...........and such a great production. Love the sound.
Wonderful, and ever changing,
Great stuff!
                      -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 03:59:47 PM »
Catchy melody on the chorus, sometimes it sounds as if too may words are trying to fit in. Some rogue notes on the vocal but the vocals are generally good. Not sure about the vocal effect - are you hiding behind it due to lack of confidence in your singing?

Thought the bass was excellent as was the general production and playing. Lyrically rich and dense. I can't really think of any ways you could improve this - except maybe be more confident in your voice/singing.

M

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 08:59:33 PM »
Martin,

Love the different segments of the song, especially like how you have mixed them all together.

Thought bathe synths were good, reminded me me of sixties TV music. Love the echo on the vocals.

I really like the chorus

Think that the song has a lots of potential

Sandeep

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 08:34:22 AM »
All the elements work well here - really like the chorus melody and delivery - something quite Britpoppish about it. The textures of the instrumentation and BVs are really attention grabbing. Hated the long fade out by the way! (though I see now it was not intentional, oh well)

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »
Thanks for the other comments, very much appreciated. I am now back in the studio and saw the fadeout started since second 1, so definitely not intentional  ;D ;D ;D

I have remastered for this who have nothing better to do tonight: https://soundcloud.com/martynrich/never-too-late-1

I will catch up with my reviews as soon as I get some free time. Thanks again.

Bad Jeans

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 08:35:06 PM »
Had to get used to at first. It's a different style , you hear normally .
That deserves a compliment. 8)

Nice song. And reasonably well produced

Did enjoy it!

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 09:17:14 PM »

it sounds fabulous now martyn ...you have done wonders with it & your voice sounds the best ive heard it...
i can hear you plotting with this one - 'If I mix that with this & get it to the right temperature with a blast of that it will make the left ear connect to the back bone & people will sit up & listen to my music!'  ;D
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 11:45:14 PM »
LOL; yes I worked a lot on the arrangement as well as the mix and master....thank you. Anyway, locking this thread now and off to get back to some reviews