Just got a bite from an artist wanting to record one of my songs

• 22 Replies

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 01:46:46 PM »
It is a great song. So sorry that it fell through but I think you've been very honest about what happened. Chalk it up to experience. All you did was ask for guidance but probably wasn't a good idea to identify the artist. But you know that.

When I lived in hope of having a song of mine adopted by a star I used to think, just credit me as the writer and do what you like with it. But, I guess that's really not very practical in the real world and I may have thought very differently if I a song of mine was successful in the hands of someone else and I all I got from it was the right to say I wrote it.
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 08:51:35 AM »
I too loved the vocal and the song.  But I admit to a little confusion.  Is Rachel Swain (who sang on the recording on your site) the person who wanted to buy this, or was it someone else. 

I was so impressed with the vocal that I can't imagine anyone is going to do it much better than she did. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 11:58:35 AM »
I too loved the vocal and the song.  But I admit to a little confusion.  Is Rachel Swain (who sang on the recording on your site) the person who wanted to buy this, or was it someone else.  

I was so impressed with the vocal that I can't imagine anyone is going to do it much better than she did.  
Thank you so much for your ear and your kind words!
Rachel is my friend who I asked to sing on this. It was somebody else who wanted to buy it.
And I agree, her vocal is fantastic.

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 06:53:48 PM »
digging up an old thread.  hope that's acceptable.  just a question for the OP.  how did the artist first find your song ?  are you using a publicist or did she just happen across it somehow ?

thanks

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 11:20:20 AM »
digging up an old thread.  hope that's acceptable.  just a question for the OP.  how did the artist first find your song ?  are you using a publicist or did she just happen across it somehow ?

thanks
Sorry it took me a little while to respond.
She found my song through a submission at musicxray.com — a music submission site for movie/tv inclusion, etc. She was looking for a song for... I can't remember quite what. I think maybe to submit to the American TV show Nashville.
There was some confusion, however, and when I made a couple of comments in this thread (that mentioned her name), wondering about some industry practices, she got offended and dropped me from consideration.
Rookie mistake on my part.

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »
i haven't heard of musicxray till now - did you have to pay to submit your song for consideration?

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 05:00:25 PM »
i haven't heard of musicxray till now - did you have to pay to submit your song for consideration?

Yeah. A nominal fee, but still $ out-of-pocket.
It varies by opportunity. I think this one was around $15-20 US

Davino

• Busker
  • I write poetry and song lyrics
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 09:15:21 AM »
Hey bud, GREAT SONG!!! I think you should move forward with marketing Rachael's rendition.