konalavadome

HERE IT IS: THE SUMMER "BARE BONES" COMPETITION - ENTER BY 31 JULY 2016

• 85 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2016, 11:03:36 AM »
paul & adam I want to change my name to aardvark annie till the competition ends  ;D

no I am not serious but thinking about it with a list that long & the number of part time posters in the comp who wont bother working their way all the way down that huge list   people at the end are at a disadvantage

so i think we should get bonus points for having names near the end of the alphabet  ;D

Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

AdamHarkus

• Open Mic
    • The Blogging Musician
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2016, 12:11:16 PM »
paul & adam I want to change my name to aardvark annie till the competition ends  ;D

no I am not serious but thinking about it with a list that long & the number of part time posters in the comp who wont bother working their way all the way down that huge list   people at the end are at a disadvantage

so i think we should get bonus points for having names near the end of the alphabet  ;D

Ooooooo,  competitive !  :)
The Blogging Musician @ https://adamharkus.com

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2016, 02:48:19 PM »
Last time we did alphabetical by song title. Also not fair!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2016, 02:53:09 PM »
new song "Ants are Amazing" by "aardvark" gets you to the top either way!

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2016, 03:27:58 PM »
ok.. but i cant take replies from people called Adam seriously  :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2016, 03:34:23 PM »
I am working my way through the list, and I will consider every single song before I vote. Because of my bandwidth issues, I download the entries as they are announced (if they can be downloaded) so I can go back and listen as often as I need without adding to my usage every time.

Then I make a spreadsheet which I use to compare each song to every other song. The song that wins each pairing gets a point. I add up all the points for each song and voilá! I have my ranking. If I have any ties in points, all I have to do is check those two songs to see which won the pairing. It takes awhile, but it works for me. And it's fair! :)

Vicki

AdamHarkus

• Open Mic
    • The Blogging Musician
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2016, 03:35:08 PM »
Maybe we aren't even called Adam at all  :-X
The Blogging Musician @ https://adamharkus.com

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2016, 04:36:43 PM »
I am working my way through the list, and I will consider every single song before I vote. Because of my bandwidth issues, I download the entries as they are announced (if they can be downloaded) so I can go back and listen as often as I need without adding to my usage every time.

Then I make a spreadsheet which I use to compare each song to every other song. The song that wins each pairing gets a point. I add up all the points for each song and voilá! I have my ranking. If I have any ties in points, all I have to do is check those two songs to see which won the pairing. It takes awhile, but it works for me. And it's fair! :)

Vicki

:D The scientific approach!

I sit here in my rotating leather chair,in my smoking jacket and you have exactly 40 seconds to impress me mothertruckers,so get busy already 8)

That's how it's done Vicki.

;)

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2016, 04:50:25 PM »

I sit here in my rotating leather chair,in my smoking jacket and you have exactly 40 seconds to impress me mothertruckers,so get busy already 8)

That's how it's done Vicki.

;)

;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2016, 10:27:57 PM »
LOL! ;D ;D I always go from the bottom up, so you're one of the first, Tian ;D ;D

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2016, 10:52:48 PM »
I printed out a list, cut each song out onto a little sliver of paper, and threw them out into the summer breeze. The three that the wind blew back through my French windows are the three I shall vote for. All the songs are so good that seems like the fairest way to do it.
West Country Country Boy