konalavadome

May SOTM Competition - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!!

• 82 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2016, 06:44:33 PM »
i am thinking there wont be many songs to choose from for a june SOTM if everybodys doing 'bare bones' songs & they cant be picked.....maybe we should leave it this month?
what do you all think?
I think we should run both - I mean how long could it possibly take to do a bare bones song anyway :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2016, 06:52:56 PM »
i'm sure there'll be plenty of other great entries to choose from even if a few people are busy writing their "bare bones" songs...

in fact - it could present an opportunity for someone - TJ Boswell, probably   :D
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »
i am thinking there wont be many songs to choose from for a june SOTM if everybodys doing 'bare bones' songs & they cant be picked.....maybe we should leave it this month?
what do you all think?

You have a point,Tina.

Using that logic, it'll be 2 months out, since BB entry doesn't close until 31st July.
June may be ok, but the BB comp will have a long list of songs to judge by end of July. Some folk may struggle to review both comps and still critique the ongoing songs on the forum.

Still, perhaps it's  better a feast than a famine.

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2016, 10:47:47 PM »
I would think they'll be enough songs to run SOTM. It would be a shame if some great songs don't get recognised because they happened to coincide with the bare bones comp.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2016, 11:34:16 PM »
I would like to issue a heartfelt and genuine "Thank YOU" to Martyn for running this competition and for being such a positive force on the forum in general. 

In a very short time, he has become, not only a very responsible member, but a thinker and leader well worth listening to. 

THANK YOU MARTYN. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2016, 11:51:25 PM »
Um, wow. Thank you so much.

I simply love the forum and find it very inspirational. There's too much good music here not to like it. Not sure about being a leader but just hope I can help and contribute as best I can. Big thanks mate!

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2016, 07:04:18 AM »

Thanks Martyn.......I was thrilled to be chosen.
 Excellent choice of songs and a very worthy
 winner. 

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran