konalavadome

May SOTM Competition - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!!

• 82 Replies

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2016, 08:39:15 PM »
Just a quick question this 100+ post rule is it the same rule to vote.

In order to vote you have to know at least 2 chords. If you vote for a jazz song, you have to know at least 3 chords.

Oldbutyet

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2016, 09:31:54 PM »
Hi OBY (OB1?) - not at all, voting is free for all...

Thanks Adam just voted, great selection Martyn

Just a quick question this 100+ post rule is it the same rule to vote.

In order to vote you have to know at least 2 chords. If you vote for a jazz song, you have to know at least 3 chords.

Okay ive spoken to my fingers and ask them how many chords do you guys know and one of them is just after poking me in the eye but im almost certain its at least 2 maybe even 3, ill keep my good eve on them next time im playing my guitar, sorry their guitar  ;)

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 10:01:12 PM »
To be honest I still feel sorry for the guys I missed out. Some of my favourite songs from this month didn't make the shortlist because I was trying to be objective about song craft. Eurovision is not as easy as it looks.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 11:48:42 PM »
To be honest I still feel sorry for the guys I missed out. Some of my favourite songs from this month didn't make the shortlist because I was trying to be objective about song craft. Eurovision is not as easy as it looks.

Don't fret Martybabes,nobody likes you anyway.  :P

:D

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2016, 12:21:51 AM »

If I'm being honest, I was gutted to not even make the long list with "Switchblade". Based on the quantity and positivity of the reviews, I thought it went down pretty well. What more do I have to do? (Weeps into beer)  ;D

M
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:56:53 AM by montydog »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 02:13:31 AM »
Well, due to a combination of this being the most awesome forum on the internet for songwriters and the high caliber of songwriters thus attracted, it's crowded at the top. Where you are.  ;D

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 08:11:05 AM »

Don't fret Martybabes,nobody likes you anyway.  :P

:D

Sorry, when I said there were 4 front runners I miscounted. There are definitely only three  :)

If I'm being honest, I was gutted to not even make the long list with "Switchblade". Based on the quantity and positivity of the reviews, I thought it went down pretty well. What more do I have to do? (Weeps into beer)  ;D

M

Sorry Monty,  you did make the longlist, I just forgot to mention you in the original post. It was really tough to choose. Obviously next time you'll be there in place of Skub. Don't weep into your beer, it dilutes the alcohol.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »
WOW! I'm off my computer for a week(had a bit of surgery...nothing serious) :o and I come back to
this  exciting, but hilarious thread :o I'm honoured/surprised, that my song made the short list, of 7 :o
Great picks Marty :) Last month was saturated with a lot of really excellent songs, so it must have been
a very difficult job :) Kudos to you :) :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:29:24 AM by crystalsuzy »

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2016, 09:41:58 PM »
WOW! I off my computer for a week(had a bit of surgery...nothing serious) :o and I come back to
this  exciting, but hilarious thread :o I'm honoured/surprised, that my song made the short list, of 7 :o
Great picks Marty :) Last month was saturated with a lot of really excellent songs, so it must have been
a very difficult job :) Kudos to you :) :)

It certainly was difficult and I know there are upset songwriters out there...fear not, they will return. I had an inital shortlist of 17 and was thinking ´what the **** do I do now?´. It could have been so different. Keep your votes coming everyone!

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2016, 09:44:57 PM »
And another reminder, please remember to give me your top three and not just your number 1 - thanks.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2016, 12:07:26 AM »
3 days to go peeps, still too close to call...this is more important than the EU referendum. Get your votes in.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2016, 01:32:20 PM »
Holy Sh@t!! I didn't even know there was a comp!! I mean,I've heard Martyn mention it,but I honestly thought he was just playing a game with himself in his crazy little mind!! I mean we've all seen his profile pic right!??  :o  :D

Wow! I'm so happy to have a song in the running! THANKS!

I will vote later tonight...man,to think I almost missed all this. ;D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2016, 05:18:57 PM »
But you can't vote yourself three times like Skub did ok???

Pah, none of the other competition hosts ever complained.

Marty-pickypants-Rich.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 03:59:32 PM »
But you can't vote yourself three times like Skub did ok???

Pah, none of the other competition hosts ever complained.

Marty-pickypants-Rich.

Only because they haven't discovered your multiple accounts yet