konalavadome

Christmas Song - Collaboration

• 2 Replies

melahide

• Busker
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »
Hello,

this is my first posting here in this Board. I would be delighted if some people could listen to this song here and give us a  little feedback :). It´s a christmas Song - yeah, I am aware of the fact that many people don´t like christmas Songs... but I always wanted to do one... so ...

I´ll post the link here All in all 10 Singers were involved into the project. I wrote the music and produced it, my friend Ray wrote the lyrics...

If you follow the link you find more Information on the Song... lyrics and so on... you don´t have to register or download anything, just start the player, if you like :)

thank you so much -
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8435934

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
Hi Melahide
Thanks for posting your song up for review - it's a brave thing to do.  So first up: well done, it's a nicely written song and a nice recording.  All I would really say is that the bit where you actually sing merry christmas should come in earlier, and go back to the rest of the song again if necessary.
Good job though
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Mr Linkster

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 10:04:32 PM »
Hello Melahide, first i'd like to point out that i really liked this song so before i start pointing out pro's and con's i'd like to give your song an 8.5/10.

1. I personally love christmas songs and i think that this song has a superb peaceful feeling coming from it, the lyrics and music perfectly along with the emotion that has been put behind the singing.

2. I agree with tone that the bit where you all sing Merry Christmas would be better at the beginning. Honestly the beginning was missing somthing, it needed a hook and singing the Merry Christmas thing at the beginning would have definately worked well.

3. The lyrics were good, but sometimes i couldn't really understand what was being said and i think some of the lyrics were a bit flat.

4. To end on a high note, I think the solo was really good and well used as a break between the verses.

5. Personally i liked the bit at the end where you all individually wished us a Merry Christmas. It added somthing rather special and quite rare to the song that worked very.

Anywayz, it was a very good song i enjoyed it  :)