New song-Picture

• 27 Replies

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 12:22:22 PM »
Hi Jamie,

This is great. Crammed full of good stuff. You really have put together a load of great sounds.
I like the bass sound, though I agree with Tom, it sounds a little bit prominent during the verse - sounds great during the chorus.
The solo was very good.

Quality.

Digger

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 05:40:54 PM »
Hi Jamie,

Cleverly arranged and produced, lovely vocals and unexpected chord changes - your trademarks. The chorus is super, the verses a little plodding if I'm being honest. Lyrically it's OK but nothing the blow me away. The bridge is also first rate - it just needs a little more melody in the verses and it would be a killer. Not to keen on the instrumental part - it just didn't sit well on my tin ears.

Almost great. I enjoyed it very much though.

M

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 10:55:48 AM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

Hi Tom, thanks for the technical commentary I will take note and try to learn from them! Cool comments regarding the song, the harmonies etc thanks! I'm too humble to be proud ;).
Cheers

Hi Suzy, cool comments, I own up to the Beatles vibe any comparison with the Beatles is great! Pleased you liked the guitar solo, I am quite pleased with it!
Cheers

Hi delboy, great comments too...thanks! Agree about the Beatles comments! Yes the bass sound seems t have been a hit with most, but my take is that it fitted very well with the acoustic guitar sound, bit no one commented on that  :o.

Great comments guys thanks for the feedback it's always appreciated!

Cheers
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 02:05:20 PM »
Hi guys thanks for listening!

Hi digger, you're one of the guys who has a very clear sound and I guess you know how to work it. So I'm pleased when you mention sounds in this song.i think I'm still so deep into the song and the playing and recording of it that I don't work very hard on creating great sounds like you.maybe someday ???.
Cheers

Hi Alan, love your honesty you always say what you think, that's great! ;). I'll take nearly great ;D.
Cheers

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated!

Cheers
Jamie

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 02:36:17 AM »
Hi Jamie

Great tune! More accessible I think than your other stuff - great vocals, guitar.
I liked most of the bass but some notes sounded a bit flat, or bending that way  ???
Maybe like others have said it is just a little forward so I would notice that.
The only other nit I have is the heart/apart rhyme. I've prob done that at some point too but can't help but wince a bit when I hear it :)

Re latency you've prob done this but try looking in task mgr (ctrl/alt/del) and shut down as many other processes as will close. You might find one of those b@stards hogging your processor time (skype is the worst!)

Good stuff - enjoyed it muchly!
Paul

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 06:07:13 AM »

Hi Jamie,

Loved it Jamie ;D ;D  Put me in mind of 100cc...

Especially liked that strange disjointed sound you
 got with the lead gtr.........

Excellent work old chap....go to the top of the class ;D ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »
Hi Jamie,

I liked this a lot.....agree with the other definitely a touch of the Lennon about this , had echoes of Souvenir by OMD.

I would have liked to have the vocals turned up a bit, but that may be the sound you were striving for?

Another for my playlist, to play when I need to calm, chill out and relax.

Well done

Sandeep

Stan9007

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 06:43:24 PM »
Hi! Very pleasant melodic song which reminds me of good old times.
Kind of mix of Beatles and ELO whom I love.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 09:11:19 PM »
Hi Jamie,

What I liked about this track is that I couldn't guess where the melody was going. This is something I'd like to figure out for my own songs.

The singing and the music were really good to my ears.I did find myself wanting more backing vocals in places just to thicken up the vocal a little,I think it's mainly where you have the choir synth in the chorus.The choir works,BUT, I reckon a man with your chops could easily double some oooohs and aaaaahs,pan them left and right and have yourself a more natural sounding....er,sound! :) Anyway,that's me just nit picking.

Good stuff mate!
Leo

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 09:14:35 PM »
Oooh,ps...I guess it's a subjective thing,but I thought the vocals cut through nicely in the mix. :)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 07:08:14 AM »
Jamie, sorry late to this one, work getting in the way.
Nice live feel, got those beatles, elo downward chord progression of your. Super bass.
The prechorus is very good and then you repeat the downward trick on the chorus from different route chord, with the powerful drums. Very effective. Vocals site beautifully and fab aaahs.

Thoughts not quite convinced by the solo, too clean for me, prefer the tone of the ending chords. i'd also think about repeating the chorus over and over and fading the outro. i'd milk it for all its worth.

Hope your tech troubles get fixed, so annoying as its so nearly there, you can hear the tiny things to fix. 
intelligent songwriting, sumptuous sounding. One of my favourites of yours.
 :)
Neil 
songwriter of no repute..

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 09:45:32 AM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

Hi Paul, don't worry I've got more inaccessible stuff coming down the track ;). It's surprising that people are attracted to musical cliches as per the very Beatle ish chords in part of the song. I feel it's a bit derivative and therefore isn't a favourite of mine :o. But conversely I'm delighted it attracts people to listen and maybe it'll make them listen to my other stuff ???. Agree about the lyrics,in my intro I suggested that there were some things musically and lyrically I want to change but can't because any attempt becomes completely bogged down in latency issues >:(. I had a significant re write of the lyrics but can't change them because of the aforementioned issue! On the point about computer power I have a new Apple desktop that I use exclusively for my music and don't use it for anything else it's not even connected to the Internet......

Hi Bin, love the comment about 100cc does that make me 10 times better than 10cc :P. Glad you liked my freaky guitar solo I thought it was pretty different too, but not in your league of artistry :o. I'm not good enough to go to the top of the class, but thanks for mentioning it ;D.

Hi Sandeep, I thought you'd go for the Lennon comment as I know you're into the Beatles, me too! Glad you enjoyed it ,keep listening!

Cheers guys thanks for the feedback!
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 09:57:54 AM »
Hi guys thanks for listening!

Hi Stan, glad you enjoyed it, yes it does have a nostalgic Beatle vibe!

Hi Leo, love the comment about the melody. I normally strive to take the chord sequences and the melodies down tracks that aren't as well trodden, but in this case the chord structure is a bit more 'conservative' but I'm delighted I managed to make you think about the melody and where it was going! Yes I would have liked to add backing vocals but as I mentioned in my preamble I couldn't even fix some of the playing and lyrical fixes I want to do let alone add more.....

Hi Neil, love your comments, don't think I've been described as intelligent before ;).Glad you enjoyed it. This chord structure was a bit more 'standard' than most of my stuff but I did think applying the descending structure in two different parts worked well, so I'm glad you picked that up!

Great comments guys it's always appreciated!
Cheers
Jamie