I won't make a sound

• 23 Replies

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »
Hi,

Love the resonator sound.
Made me think of the film Crossroads - some great work by Ry Cooder.

Great job on the vocal. There's no faking that.

Cool stuff.

Digger

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 11:35:14 PM »

Ps. Martyn..really? That room seems messy to you??!! Note to self...must not upload videos of me singing in my room!!  ::)  ;D

It´s self-denial. Mine´s a wreck.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 06:26:48 AM »

Hehe......loved it, sort of performance that I'm sure loads of
 us are familiar with, and is repeated in bedrooms across the world.
 I know I do it  ;D  But I usually take my hat off first ;D ;D ;D
 Great stuff..

I liked the song, but thought it would sound better a bit more
 up tempo, and with a full band and electricity........needed more
 power and drive to do it justice.

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

giitlesriddles

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 09:06:44 PM »
Guys, thanks for the feedback. However, I am going to do an actual studio produced song in a couple weeks. I already posted a version of the song on the forum, am I allowed to post the studio version? Does anybody know?

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 11:08:55 PM »
Got the that great delta feel with the slide with a good helping of white stripes.
Go for it man
 :)
Neil

Ps could also hear an electric Led Z stylee. And you could post it again, i'd suggest you update this thread   rather than set up another..
songwriter of no repute..

giitlesriddles

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 11:14:19 PM »
Thanks man, But It's a song I posted way back in november, Not that one, that thread is lost and gone forever haha

Tommy Blixt

• Open Mic
    • https://soundcloud.com/knownasbeppe
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 01:13:51 PM »
Hello!

Hey hey hey, really digging this! The rawness of the guitar and your harsh vocals makes this a song I would gladly had played around a campfire with the buds.

Just pure, nice, dirty and gritty as all hell. Love it.

Great work!

With love
/KNOWN AS BEPPE

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 06:14:29 AM »
Can't go wrong with a bit of slide! Stripped down acoustic slide is even better :-) I enjoyed this a lot - the playing is great, the vocals are great, the guitar sounds great. I'd like to have heard a more restrained version - it seems to get very intense very quickly. For me a tune like this - actually, this tune - has all the ingredients and parts in place for a real "nice" blues rather than a "shouty" blues - although my choice of word there isn't really fair, because the vocals are fine, it's a stylistic thing and may well be down to personal preferences if that makes sense? But let's have more! I keep thinking I ought to buy a resonator as slide goes down so well at gigs - so am always interested in hearing them. Tell me about that guitar!

Cheers
Derek
West Country Country Boy

giitlesriddles

• Open Mic
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 01:04:01 PM »
Sure thing man, well there are two slightly more restrained versions of this out online, ones on my soundcloud, the others a live one, I can send you links if you want. This guitar is a Gretsch Bobtail g9220 and it's very affordable. I had some rattling problems at first, but after taking apart the cone and adding some cloth on the inside, all's been well. It plugs in, I believe it has fishman pickups which work very well. I also installed a strap pin onto the guitar because it didn't have one. The one thing which you may need to get used to is that the neck is a V shaped neck, so it feels even more chunky then, let's say a Les Paul, but it's not that bad of an attribute. If you're looking for some other inexpensive acoustic electric resonators, look at the Dobro Hound dog deluxe, Dean and Fender also have a couple decent ones.