Lines Apart

• 24 Replies

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 10:25:36 PM »
Ooh I quite fancy your singers voice! Very ethereal!  ;D

I love the production on this and congrats on getting on bbc introducing.Thats so cool! I wish you every success with it mate.

Leo

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 02:04:07 AM »
Hey digger

Really enjoyed that - great intro - love that bassy synth at the start.
Beautiful production and vocals are captivating though I don't know how anyone could stay in tune with all those out-of-chord sustained notes happening :)
They superbly add to the tension though.

Pro track IMO!
Paul

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 01:06:34 PM »
WOW, digger! What an amazing intro :o How did you get that low growling sound?  :o
Well, what can I say...another amazingly dark and atmospheric track, that somehow fulfills
my dark side, till your next creation ;D
Fantastic vocals from Katja...she's really got the voice for this kind of stuff :)
The production of this track sounds amazing  :o IMO, it's one of your finest :)
Congrats on your BBC success guys  :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:12:47 PM by crystalsuzy »

giitlesriddles

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 03:18:01 PM »
 Hey, this is quite good. The lyrics have great imagery, and the singing has this great breather quality about it which is awesome. The ambient growth is quite cool. Awesome work!

richardyot

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 12:00:41 PM »
Lovely dark and broody piece with astoundingly good vocal melodies. I really love your music, it's always got such great atmosphere, so evocative and interesting.

The choice of sounds really spices the track up, and the breathy delivery of the vocals is spot on. It seems to be over all too soon.

I really hope the exposure you are getting on the BBC is paying dividends because you really deserve a wider audience with this work, it's terrific stuff and really inspiring to listen to.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 11:44:56 PM »
Digger,
I like the words. Sounds great and like the tension between the verse and the doubled up rhythm of the chorus, all topped off by those vocals and synthy strings.
Very, very good
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 03:53:24 PM »
As I listen..
Sets a great, dark mood from the start! But what happened with snare, bring it up. Now! ;-)
Yeah, now we are stepping up.. hmm, that bass could use some more "edge" imho
Way cool vocals (as always).
Love the lyrics and the texture of the production.
Nice break down at the end but once again, that bass could use some edge.
All in all very enjoyable, but I think it would be even better with some more balls, mainly the bass and drams (snare in particulare). But that is a matter of taste of course :-)
Anyway, me like!

Tommy Blixt

• Open Mic
    • https://soundcloud.com/knownasbeppe
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 04:11:40 PM »
Heeeeey!

Nice and dark. The bass in as a lead was a great move. I get a lot of portishead-vibes from the vocals, which is a good thing i might add!

Cool effects on the guitar in the chorus. I like this song

Great work

With love
/KNOWN AS BEPPE

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 09:39:13 AM »
Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words.

The intro is just a bass synth layered with bass guitar. It was detuned which gave it a bit of rumble/growl I think. It was hard finding the right balance - and maybe it could use a bit more bite, but I was finding it difficult to get the exact tone I was after.
Regarding the snare - it's weird, it's only when someone points it out that you think, hmm, maybe. It seems a bit behind the cymbals at time - maybe they are too loud, or the snare needs a bit more volume in places. something to look at.

I agree, Katja is perfectly suited to our type of sound, though I get to hear her doing other covers of other genres (which I'm incapable of writing) and she sounds brill. Sometimes worry i don't give her the best material to work with.

Thanks again,

Digger

misswhiterabbit

• Open Mic
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2016, 08:10:13 PM »
I love the atmosphere you create. The mix is really clean and sounds great through my high-end and low-end speakers! That's a tricky thing to achieve but helped by the fact you've not overloaded it with effects and you've left lots of space. Love the lyrics - simple but beautiful. Awesome stuff.