Gigs around London

• 6 Replies

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:17:49 PM »
Hi

I´m in London for work this weekend but have my evenings free. Any Londonites know where I can find some good live music around Olympia - preferably open mic or acoustic type of stuff?

Cheers
Martyn

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 07:27:53 PM »
Well that's just typical. I arrive in London to my hotel and Universal Music are having some kind of all day seminar. I arrive 5 minutes after they've left.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 10:22:14 PM »
Ok, I realise I am talking to myself on this thread but anyway...I represented an organisation at an exhibition this weekend and some guy comes up for advice an says he is a movie producer and travels the world because of his job. My boss is next to me and I want to shout "I DO SOUNDTRACKS! I DO SOUNDTRACKS!", but I obviously cannot. I spent an hour trying to find him later but to no avail...

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 10:24:42 PM »
Then I tell a colleague I´m trying to get into songwriting and she says "ooh, that´s easy. You just send you records to producers right, then they get someone like Rihanna to record them and you collect the royalties." If only I had thought of that before... ;D

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 10:52:39 PM »
It is a shame my band wasn't playing in town this weekend, it would have been great to meet up

I represented an organisation at an exhibition this weekend and some guy comes up for advice an says he is a movie producer and travels the world because of his job. My boss is next to me and I want to shout "I DO SOUNDTRACKS! I DO SOUNDTRACKS!", but I obviously cannot. I spent an hour trying to find him later but to no avail...

It is often said that: Luck = Opportunity + Preparedness

Even in front of your boss (or behind his back!) I think a low key passing of a business card wouldn't hurt
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 03:57:08 AM »
You're not just talking to yourself. :D Sometimes I just like to listen. Oh dear. I always tell my husband if he just sits there with no indication he's listening to me, then it's the same as talking to myself. And now, here I am doing the same thing.  :-\  :P

So, I found your monologue interesting and frustrating...getting there five minutes after the seminar is over! :(

Vicki

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 12:03:13 PM »
ActuallyI should have added that I´m quite happy to talk to myself but thanks anyway!  ;D

Boydie, you´re right of course, but I was also talking to another customer. I should have been ruder to them!