Julie Johnson & the No-Accounts

• 0 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: May 09, 2016, 04:52:26 AM »
I'm sure you've never heard of them, but I got to hear Julie Johnson & the No-Accounts (from Minneapolis, Minnesota) tonight. And I get to hear them again tomorrow night. You'll find all kinds of hits, if you search for them, including on YouTube where you can hear them. You can also find Julie Johnson, flutist, by herself.

I didn't know there was such a thing as "extended technique" on the flute. I love it. I think there must be extended technique on mandolin, guitar, and resonator guitar, because that's what the "No-Accounts"--the other two members of the trio--played, and they did cool stuff, too.

I could go on and on about the show, and I'll probably be all wound up again tomorrow night after the next show, too.

Getting ready for these two shows has been taking up a lot of my time recently, and using most of the energy I wasn't using for recovering from the surgery I had (only three weeks ago--but you'd never know it!). So I haven't been too active in the forums. The local historical society did the work getting Julie's group here, and it required a grant, which was my area, and I somehow ended up helping with the planning and managing of the two-night event, as well.

Anyway, after tomorrow night, that will be over and I'll just have the grant report to write and a reunion in June to prepare for (I'm on the committee, am providing entertainment, and it sounds like I might be an emcee???). THEN, except for gardening and misc projects, I'll be back in full swing on the forums. ;D

Vicki