konalavadome

Broken Stranger

• 36 Replies

Tommy Blixt

• Open Mic
    • https://soundcloud.com/knownasbeppe
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 05:23:02 PM »
Hello Suzy!

Beautiful track! Such wonderful lyrics. "From some other world, or caught between, or maybe he’s lost, in a borrowed dream". I can relate to this lyric and I find it just absolutly wonderful. The music is great as always.

I have to be crticial of some things though, and that's only cause I really want to see this song at it's best! These are things that you probably already know about, like the sharp S's and the noise when the harmonies kick in. I don't feel like you need more instrumentation!

Keep up the great work!

With love
/Known as, Beppe

danieltrigger

• Open Mic
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 07:55:44 PM »
Loved it! For me, I didn't feel it was missing much, if anything. Not so sure bass and drums are needed, at most perhaps strings or something gentle.

But like I say, I liked it as it is!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2016, 03:50:44 PM »
wow  :)

i love this, Suzy...and it's so great to hear you pulling something like this out of the bag...i'm a big fan of your writing and ideas anyway..but this knocked me sideways

there's an emotional depth to it which i admire greatly
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 01:05:44 PM »
Captivating is the word Suzy. To answer your questions it kept my attention with the well-painted picture that the lyric evoked...didn't even notice any lack of build or anything like that.

I wouldn't add anything necessarily to the production - you could but you don't need to -  but I am in the camp that finds some of the bvs/2nd vocal/harmonies whatever you want to call them a bit overpowering.....I think you could use them more sparingly to better effect.

Very nicely-written song.
Thanks for your support and kind words VC  :) the lyrics and story are what this song is all about, so thanks for the thumbs up on that :) When I get around to a remix, I'll lower the harmonies :)

As I said before Suzy,

Felt like I was in the room, you painted this picture very well.

Lyrics are cool and voice is soothing

Sandeep
Thanks Sandeep  :) Can't ask for a nicer comment then that :)

This is probably my favourite song of yours. I love the laid back, stripped back guitar and easy vocals. I find it a bit Nick Drake-esque, which is no bad thing in my book at all. Will listen again for sure.
"favorite song"  :) what more could I ask...thanks D  :)
Great tune...love the lyrics and vocals!..my fav. from you so far!
Thanks so much Cove :)

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2016, 02:22:16 PM »
 Wow...wasn't expecting this CS ;D ;D

Lovely song, your inner beauty is all over it ;D ;D

I know it's a sad song, but I can't help but smile at your
 talent when I listen to it. ;D ;D

Beautiful xx

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:23:55 PM by Binladeda »
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
Hello Suzy!

Beautiful track! Such wonderful lyrics. "From some other world, or caught between, or maybe he’s lost, in a borrowed dream". I can relate to this lyric and I find it just absolutly wonderful. The music is great as always.

I have to be crticial of some things though, and that's only cause I really want to see this song at it's best! These are things that you probably already know about, like the sharp S's and the noise when the harmonies kick in. I don't feel like you need more instrumentation!

Keep up the great work!

With love
/Known as, Beppe
Thanks so much Beppe and thanks for the thumbs up on the lyrics :) to me, they're the most important part of this song, and that's my favorite line as well :) I do know what you mean about
the harmonies and I'll get around to fixing that asap :)

Loved it! For me, I didn't feel it was missing much, if anything. Not so sure bass and drums are needed, at most perhaps strings or something gentle.

But like I say, I liked it as it is!
thanks for your kind comments dt :) there is a cello in the 2nd half, but maybe it's not obvious :)

wow  :)

i love this, Suzy...and it's so great to hear you pulling something like this out of the bag...i'm a big fan of your writing and ideas anyway..but this knocked me sideways

there's an emotional depth to it which i admire greatly
I'm humbled Paul :) thanks for your supportive comments  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2016, 01:08:04 PM »
Wow...wasn't expecting this CS ;D ;D

Lovely song, your inner beauty is all over it ;D ;D

I know it's a sad song, but I can't help but smile at your
 talent when I listen to it. ;D ;D

Beautiful xx

That's such a beautiful compliment Bin :) Your far too kind...I'm humbled and I'm blushing  :-[