One Day, Two Hearts

• 24 Replies

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 05:07:09 PM »
Hi,

This is right up my street - a great melody, beautiful lyrics, harmonies and great playing. Simple arrangement. This along with your previous posts emphasises the depth of your talent. I'd by a CD of this - it's special.

No criticism from me - it's simply lovely. Bravo.

M

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 05:10:17 PM »
Tom,

Another beautiful song , I agree with the Simon and Garfunkel analogy.

Your guitar playing is excellent and the lyrics are amazing. I like the one sun and million stars humming verse...very clever.

I'd buy it.

Sandeep

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 09:28:48 PM »
Hi Tom,

Excellent song.
Lovely vocal - melody and performance.
I've been listening to some S&G lately and this is bathed in that similar vibe. The harmonies work very well. The simple guitar work provides a suitable backdrop - not too intrusive - just enough.

Great stuff.

Digger

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 07:12:02 AM »
Hi Tom,

Another lovely song by yourself.Nice and simple and lovely harmonies.

Martyns right the vocal does peak a little.I must be honest and say that the heavy panning of the vocal at the start and end didn't really work for me.It sounded much nicer I thought at 1.20 when you brought the lead vocal back to the center with the harmonies off to the sides.Just my 2 cents mate.I know you know your way around a song though.You asked for first impressions and this is my first and second for ya.  ;)

Always nice to hear new stuff from you.
Leo  ;D

Hey there Lostboy....thanks for your thoughts. I'm still in the experimental phase of my recording techniques. I appreciate the input!

Charming,beautiful,delightfully melodic and harmonious. Very Beatlish and 60s without sounding derivative.

Great work Tom.

The only small thing I hear is a little peaking on the vocal. I think it may be on the harmony track,but a minor detail.

Fab stuff,off for another listen.

Thanks skub.........I'm not much of a recording technician, however....thanks for listening and commenting. I'm glad you like the song  ;D

omg you sound like simon & garfunkel! :o
wow this is amazingly good ..so tuneful & so beautiful & theres a very innocent feel to the lyrics & music that takes it back to a gentler time
wow those 2 voices spread out so far like that is quite unusual & I realy liked it ...it was like I was sitting  in the middle like I was the 'and' in simon & garfunkel  :)
its pity it was distorting in places.. that is rather spoiling your lovely songs (I think it happened in your last one aswell)

Thanks Tinam......S&G are amongst my very favorite artists. Thank you for your most generous comments. All of my recordings are but simple representations..........it's all I have.
I'm so glad you like them, however  ;D Thanks, again!

Tom- I havent read anyone else's comments before writing this...

I can picture Simon and Garfunkel singing this song. The melody is excellent and the two voice parts are a lovely addition to this. My favourite part was the 'daaaayyyyy' at the end of each verse...really liked the sound quality and note pureness on that word each time around!

Really enjoyable!

Would have loved the strings(?) to be a tad louder as the song progressed...only a minor nit though! :)
Thanks PT......the verses are 3-part harmonies, while the chorus is a two part. And the background strings were played on my electric Fender.......I wasn't too sure of them, and so I kept them small. The upfront rhythm was played on my Washburn acoustic.
I'm glad you liked it........thanks, again!!

8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 12:13:59 AM »
tenderness..
beautiful song mr knees..treat on a warm saturday night with the windees open
i got the s&g thing and mommas and papas.. classic vocal sound
nice gtr playing and perfect fade..

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 05:54:10 AM »
What can I say other than, it's a great song Tom, greatly sung and I wish I wrote it. Says it all.

Good stuff!

Cheers,

S

Thanks S.........that's quit the compliment, coming from you! I appreciate it  ;D

Tom - really really great song, arrangement and delivery. Everything worked together. Sounds like a classic that I had forgotten (if you know what I mean).

If I were really being a perfectionist, there are a couple of things that didn't sound 100% natural in the lyrics: "had begun" and "unbridled nor broken". Though thinking about it, I think the second is actually rather poetic and adds a touch of originality.

Those were my first impressions - but I think I need to stop being too songwritery and just enjoy as a listener would (and will!)
Thanks adam........I really appreciate the kind words.  ;)

Well that was the sweetest song I've heard in a long time, Tom :-*
I love that you've kept it simple, production wise...it matches the innocent vibe :)
Beautiful vocals and guitar, and sweet lyrics to match  :)
I agree, Simon&Garfunkel could have sung this back in their day :)
I love it...it's gorgeous, and I will listen to it many times over :) Kudos

Thanks you sooooo much for the wonderful words. Comments, like yours, helps me to go to my recorder and record the music. I love to write and play......recording is a bit of a drag, however :P
Thanks, again!
Tom,

I really like your song because:

It is uncluttered by too much backing.
The gentle guitar compliments your vocals and allows the clarity of the words which are easy to listen to and remembered.
I immediately thought of the great Everly Brothers and it could have been them on a follow-up from Dream. That can't be bad :)

Thankyou
Marrianna
Thank you, Marrianna.....your comparison of me to the E. Bros. is a high one, indeed.  Thanks a lot!

Very beautiful and pure. Simplicity to arrangement, backing, and melody. Just right. I don't like writing these quick, nothing to say messages, as I feel like I'm not helping any. But I've nothing to comment on here - as a song it's just right as it is. I preferred it when the vocals came together in the mic, and there were a few moments of minor distortion, but the song - lovely!

Derek
Hi Derek........
It's always nice to hear from you. And I always enjoy listening to your work. Thanks for the kind words

Thanks
                                           8)-Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 03:16:08 AM »
tenderness..
beautiful song mr knees..treat on a warm saturday night with the windees open
i got the s&g thing and mommas and papas.. classic vocal sound
nice gtr playing and perfect fade..

Hi Nooms......Thanks you for listening....and especially for the "Mamma's and Papa's" mention. I'm a huge fan of the, "If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears" album.  Personally, one of my top ten influences  8)
Thanks for noticing!

Hi,

This is right up my street - a great melody, beautiful lyrics, harmonies and great playing. Simple arrangement. This along with your previous posts emphasises the depth of your talent. I'd by a CD of this - it's special.

No criticism from me - it's simply lovely. Bravo.

M

Thanks for stopping by Monty.......I'm glad you like it, and thanks for the encouragement!

Tom,

Another beautiful song , I agree with the Simon and Garfunkel analogy.

Your guitar playing is excellent and the lyrics are amazing. I like the one sun and million stars humming verse...very clever.

I'd buy it.

Sandeep

Thanks you Sandeep for the great review...........It means a lot!  ;D
And thanks for listening   8)

Hi Tom,

Excellent song.
Lovely vocal - melody and performance.
I've been listening to some S&G lately and this is bathed in that similar vibe. The harmonies work very well. The simple guitar work provides a suitable backdrop - not too intrusive - just enough.

Great stuff.

Digger

Thanks Digger.....I'm stoked that you mention the subtle electric guitar backdrop that I incorporated. I thought it added tremendously to the overall feel.   Again, I'm glad you appreciated it, too.

Thanks everyone!!
                                                8) -Tom
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:22:45 AM by IronKnee »
                                                          -IronKnee

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 09:02:01 AM »
Fantastic stuff, Tom!

Clear, focused writing that just seems to naturally come out, nothing forced about it.
I particularly liked the harmonic simplicity of it. I would have pulled the chords around more but you keep it tightly focused on pretty much one chord is always comes back to. Gives it a unity that goes well with the lyrical concept.
Some lovely lines the lyrics too.  "Your heart’s unbridled, nor broken
‘Till now it’s all been dreams and butterflies" has a lovely ring to it.

Some nice unexpected harmonies too, not the usual 3rds.

Just lovely, made my morning much brighter  :)

Tom.

Wolfcub

• Busker
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 11:14:26 AM »
Really nice song, I do love good soft song! well done

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 11:34:54 PM »
Fantastic stuff, Tom!

Clear, focused writing that just seems to naturally come out, nothing forced about it.
I particularly liked the harmonic simplicity of it. I would have pulled the chords around more but you keep it tightly focused on pretty much one chord is always comes back to. Gives it a unity that goes well with the lyrical concept.
Some lovely lines the lyrics too.  "Your heart’s unbridled, nor broken
‘Till now it’s all been dreams and butterflies" has a lovely ring to it.

Some nice unexpected harmonies too, not the usual 3rds.

Just lovely, made my morning much brighter  :)

Tom.

Thanks Tom........always nice to hear from you!  ;)

Really nice song, I do love good soft song! well done

Thanks you very much....and hope to hear some of your stuff soon    ;D

And many thanks to all......
                                                       8) -Tom
                                                          -IronKnee