Going to Hell in Petrol Soaked Knickers

• 37 Replies

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 05:21:54 PM »
Hi,

It's mostly been said already so I'll just echo that it's really rather excellent, original, fun and very nicely played. Lyrically, it's the strongest song you've posted IMHO with some really clever lines; my favourite is this: "She was young n so much prettier I had a baby & a 'dont touch' sticker". Amazing number of ways to get words in that rhyme with knickers - has to be a world record!

I enjoyed this very much and I was interested that when you found the 2 of them together, you shot the babysitter, not your husband. I wonder what most women would do? Shoot them both?

M

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 05:36:48 PM »

I enjoyed this very much and I was interested that when you found the 2 of them together, you shot the babysitter, not your husband. I wonder what most women would do? Shoot them both?

M

Ideally, just themselves :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:40:30 PM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 05:39:35 PM »
sorry - joking aside...this is a great, rollicking story...the lyrics are fantastic and unique.

Tune was a madcap dash like a roller coaster careering out of control...

Excellent fun!

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 06:48:30 PM »
thank you all for listening & all your comments :)

monty you ask me why i shot the babysitter...well first of all its not me!...if it had been me id have destroyed the whole neighbourhood!
ive explained to verlon above how the womans mind worked ...the thing is I wanted her to be very bad almost evil in her revenge... remember I started with the title  & so the woman had to be bad enough to fit the title ....i think if she shot her husband youd probably all cheer (apart from paulads :)) & give her a medal not send her to hell in petrol soaked knickers
if you listen carefully you can hear  the husband being shot aswell but I needed the lyric to make the wife  fit the punishment
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »
It's a shame when you have to explain your lyrics, especially on a song as good as this one. Noel Gallagher was famed for saying most of his lyrics didn't mean anything at all...didn't stop people lapping it up.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2016, 10:59:22 PM »
It's a shame when you have to explain your lyrics, especially on a song as good as this one. Noel Gallagher was famed for saying most of his lyrics didn't mean anything at all...didn't stop people lapping it up.

I didn't actually ask tinam why she shot the babysitter. I made an observation that it was an interesting choice. She doesn't need to explain the lyrics but i appreciate hearing her comments.

M

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »
I don't know why I'm late to the party but at last I made it here. Love this tune. I'm a fan of older sounding rock music AND I'm also a fan of the ol'blues. Here you combine the two in excellent manner. I think the lyrics are top notch. Lightning Hopkins all over it but from a female perspective. Absolutely love it!

Oh and that title, damn, be proud of it because titles like that are rare these days!

Really good song all around. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

S