konalavadome

April Song of the Month

• 56 Replies

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2016, 12:26:23 PM »
I would be thrilled to do May. If no-one has any objections of course...I already have a pretty good idea of nominations but I will go through the back catalogue to check everything out again.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2016, 02:11:40 PM »
You're the man Martyn. Go for it our kid. 😊 just post something up on the competition page and you're away. Nice one  :)

John

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2016, 02:50:40 PM »
Ok, great. If anyone feels like I have missed a belter when I post then don't hesitate to PM me. I have only posted two songs this month so there is still room for three more  ;)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2016, 03:24:52 PM »
Good on yer, Martyn :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2016, 06:01:10 PM »
Beginning to regret it already - I have started to go back and listen through the month of May. There are a lot of very good songs to choose from. One question I wanted to ask - most songwriting competitions state they don't judge on performance and production, although I guess we know its a load of rubbish when they say that. Anyway...we shouldn't be doing that here should we? If I find a gem strummed on an 2-string acoustic through a mobile mic, I shall put it in.

tboswell

• Platinum Album

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2016, 11:20:05 PM »
It's a tough task. Difficult to evaluate a song in its raw state compared to all of the work that has been put in to produce a masterpiece. Good luck Martyn  :)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2016, 07:42:33 AM »
Well volunteered that man! I once tried to give points for lyrics, melody, structure etc. which helped a bit with the selection... But there's always an element of subjectivity which is totally fine... And no two of us would agree 100% so go for it.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2016, 09:28:27 AM »
Well done for taking it on. It's pretty clear which song is going to win but the shortlist list will be interesting. :)