Search for a Songwriter

• 2 Replies

princessalice

• Busker
« on: November 23, 2009, 01:51:19 PM »
Enter the Princess Alice Hospice 'Search for a Songwriter' competition and have your song judged by legendary songwriters who have penned hits such as 'Downtown', 'Delilah' and 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing' to name but a few.

Win the chance to perform your winning song alongside iconic songwriters and industry legends!

What do you have to do?
Request an application form (call 01372 461869), fill it in and send us a recording on CD or the sheet music for your composition. You can perform your song or source a singer to do your composition justice.

Entry is just £10 per song with all proceeds going to Princess Alice Hospice.

The winner gets the glory of performing at an exclusive event with legendary songwriters, previous performers have included Tony Hatch, Bruce Welch, Justin Hayward and Roger Greenaway!

Anyone over the age of 16 by 6 March 2010 can enter. We will accept entries whether you are signed, unsigned, a music student or a complete novice!

We look forward to hearing your songs!

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
Hi all

Please don't respond to this post just yet - I am in the process of verifying that this is a legitimate competition, and will update as soon as I know.

Thanks
Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 11:24:39 PM »
Ok - apologies for holding up this thread.  I've received confirmation from Princess Alice Hospice that this is a legitimate songwriting competition.

Get stuck in folks - and post back on this thread with your submissions so we can compare notes.  I'm thinking of making a submission myself, just need to choose a song now :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l