Washboard player ?

• 5 Replies

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« on: April 17, 2016, 04:41:24 PM »
Anyone out there willing and able to play and record a washboard to give the chorus/outro of my song more of a skiffle sound?
It's a song about 1950 and references the merged styles of Boogie in the Park with Hot Rod Race.

here it is so far (singing will be replaced)
https://soundcloud.com/gtbr/1950-blue-moon-17-04-2016-1654

btw, there was actually a blue moon in the UK in 1950, apparently :-)
GTB
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:48:02 PM by GTB »
GTB

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 05:05:34 PM »
Luckily for you I know of a washboard player...he is with a band called Railroad Bill from Cardiff who we used to occasionally share a stage with. He may be willing to do it but I don't know if he would want paying or not.

Their website is here: http://www.skiffle.co.uk

I don't know of any other washboard players alive today.

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 05:10:05 PM »
There's a fellow plays washboard in one of my ensembles. I need to take my laptop round to his place sometime to record a harp track. I'm sure I could get some washboard down too, if needs be, although it might be a while. Diaries are all very tight in this day and age.
West Country Country Boy

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 06:46:32 PM »
cheers guys..

MartynRich - sounds like you know a lot of dead washboard players then ;-), sounds like a story you could write a song about... I'll check out their site, not sure what the going rate is for these things.

Delboy, - if there is any chance someone can do this I'd be very grateful and certainly in no hurry. 

I have posted the track on soundcloud (link in original post) in case I get lucky.  Btw it's only the last chorus where i need it but they cost £100 on the internet so it's a bit steep for one song :-(

cheers,
GTB
GTB

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 08:58:11 PM »
How hard can it be? Don't you just need a thimble and an old washboard (we have a couple of antique ones hanging on the wall). Or you could buy this washboard VST plugin for $14 :)
Paul

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 10:32:17 PM »
Nice one Paulski, that's very impressive. I'll have a closer look at this, could be tempted 😀
GTB