konalavadome

(NEW SONG) CATCH A FALLING LEAF

• 36 Replies

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 05:21:38 PM »
great stuff...vocals and harmony are awesome! This reminds me of the sixties folk/pop scene..like The Mamas and the Papas and Spanky and Our Gang only with a new twist... enjoyed this very much!

Thank Cove....I like Mamas and Papas....will check ot Spanky and our Gang.

Sandeep

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2016, 08:56:27 AM »
Sandeep!

Only small nit I have, and it is a small one, is if you really want to doubletrack the vocals you have to be in sync. Like it is one voice only, you know Lennon is the master at this. It can be a pain to record but well worth it in the end. A little tip on doubletracking is to not pronounce the consonants as hard on the double, and at the end of words you keep the consonants almost entirely muted, that's usually where the differences between the two can be heard. If done correctly and in sync it can be strong and effective, if done incorrectly and not in sync, it takes away focus from the actual song. But what do I know, I let stuff slip by on every recording, stuff I know shouldn't be there but simply stays because I don't have time to fix them. (read lazy) So I might as well just shut up now and say, what a fantastic song and performance!!! =)

Again, just a tiny nit.

Overall I loved the song, the lyrics and the performance. Good stuff!

Cheers,

S

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2016, 09:22:35 PM »
Sandeep!

Only small nit I have, and it is a small one, is if you really want to doubletrack the vocals you have to be in sync. Like it is one voice only, you know Lennon is the master at this. It can be a pain to record but well worth it in the end. A little tip on doubletracking is to not pronounce the consonants as hard on the double, and at the end of words you keep the consonants almost entirely muted, that's usually where the differences between the two can be heard. If done correctly and in sync it can be strong and effective, if done incorrectly and not in sync, it takes away focus from the actual song. But what do I know, I let stuff slip by on every recording, stuff I know shouldn't be there but simply stays because I don't have time to fix them. (read lazy) So I might as well just shut up now and say, what a fantastic song and performance!!! =)

Again, just a tiny nit.

Overall I loved the song, the lyrics and the performance. Good stuff!

Cheers,

S

Thanks S...we did make some of the changes you recommended for our final version, but I think we lost something in the mix.   
Regards

Sandeep

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2016, 02:50:18 PM »
Oh noes, I hope I didn't jinx it?!?!?!  Not my intention. :D

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »
Sorry it's taken me so long to get round to this one, Sandeep.

It has a lovely gentle atmosphere that brings back the 60s and Curt Boettcher's work (if you don't know him, look him up!)

I like the song but felt that the lyrics were "crammed" into the melody a bit, making the delivery a bit unnatural, so one or other of them had to compromise. I would have gone back and made sure I could fit the works into the melody clearly.

Liked the violin counter melody and the gentle rolling piano.
Enjoyable listen overall :)

Tom

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 10:05:14 PM »
This is great. I'm getting 90s Oasis vibes. Great vocal and guitar!

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 10:16:47 PM »
Sorry it's taken me so long to get round to this one, Sandeep.

It has a lovely gentle atmosphere that brings back the 60s and Curt Boettcher's work (if you don't know him, look him up!)

I like the song but felt that the lyrics were "crammed" into the melody a bit, making the delivery a bit unnatural, so one or other of them had to compromise. I would have gone back and made sure I could fit the works into the melody clearly.

Liked the violin counter melody and the gentle rolling piano.
Enjoyable listen overall :)

Tom

Thanks Tom, had similar comments about the lyrics
Sandeep

This is great. I'm getting 90s Oasis vibes. Great vocal and guitar!

Thanks Mutrins...always great to be compared to Oasis

Sandeep